Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Cloud Computing Co-op partners with the Cloud Operations and Information Technology Teams in support of FMI's cloud deployments and global operational strategies in the cloud.
• Assist the Cloud Computing Team and Information Technology department with cloud deployments, including high-performance grid computing and management of a scalable data lifecycle storage architecture.
• Maintain uptime on all assigned systems.
• Make improvements to system features and key usability.
• Support daily monitoring and continuous enhancement of performance and productivity.
• Support projects which may include:
· Partnering across the technology teams to maintain best practices;
· Integration of post-deployment automated testing;
· Instantiation of automation scripts;
· Maintenance and operations tasks; and,
· Working with product teams to promote DevOps principles.
• Other duties pertinent to cloud computing as periodically assigned.
• Enrolled in college or university pursuing a Master’s Degree or a Ph.D. in a Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a science discipline
• Experience working:
· In Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· With NFS and SMB
• Knowledgeable of:
· AWS architectural best practices
· AWS S3, EBS, and EFS Preferred
• Practical exposure to:
· DevOps tools and continuous pipeline; Build/Release experience
· Architectural principles behind DB technologies such as MSSQL, MYSQL, ORACLE, NOSQL and how they fit into an overall solution
· Technical development teams
· CloudFormation, Terraform, or similar; iterative template creation experience
• Exposure or willingness to learn Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or other DevOps automation tools
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.