About the Job
The Intern, Competitive Intelligence supports the Strategic Insights & Analytics team. The team is responsible for providing competitive and strategic insights across FMI (Commercial, Biopharma, Data, Medical, R&D and Operations organizations). The Intern monitors and tracks the competitive landscape including competitor and customer activities, supports strategic planning activities such as competitive threat assessments and long-range planning, and partners with key FMI cross-functional partners to align on implications for the FMI portfolio.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Cambridge, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Collect, analyze, and synthesize primary and secondary market and competitor intelligence.
• Provide strategic recommendations on competitive market dynamics and strategy.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners on competitive intelligence workstreams.
• Support the execution of scientific conference coverage and impact assessments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Currently pursuing a PHD in life sciences or an MBA
• Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, or in an equivalent scientific field
• Prior work experience in healthcare or biotechnology
• Prior experience in oncology and/or diagnostics
• Demonstrated history of applying structured problem solving to complex business questions
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.