About the Job
The Compliance Manager, People Processes sits within the Compliance team and collaborates with the Legal and People teams to ensure company compliance relating to FMI’s workforce, including but not limited to compliance with government agency requirements, such as federal and state Affirmative Action Programs (AAPs), Equal Employment Opportunity reporting, and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). This role evaluates FMI’s compliance obligations with respect to its people, including but not limited to the administration of FMI’s AAPs, EEO-1 and VETS-4212 reporting, state disclosure requirements, I-9 compliance, mandatory trainings, and contractual disclosure requirements. This position uses a variety of people-related data, to drive audits of internal People processes and documentation to identify and implement compliance solutions that improve processes, reduce risk, and leverage industry best practices.
• EEO/AAP Coordinator
· Prepare and analyze data for preparation of AAPs, partnering with the People Team Centers of Excellence, Legal, and external third-party AAP consultants.
· Develop and monitor the Company’s EEO policy and Affirmative Action Plans, as well as internal and external communication techniques to make sure all applicable rules and regulations under such policy and plans are met.
· Evaluate EEO progress at the Company and suggest alternative approaches where necessary, including establishing goals that are reasonable, attainable and consistent with the Company’s affirmative action commitment.
· Collate and communicate AAP analytics results with stakeholders, translating statistical and technical information into clear and concise action items.
· Coordinate the development of new AAP Plans for new locations as needed.
· Help the company identify gaps and design solutions to challenges that may arise under the Affirmative Action Plan.
· Design and implement audit and reporting systems to permit regular monitoring of EEO progress to provide FMI Legal, People Leadership Team and Executive Team with relevant data.
· Develop reporting systems to measure the effectiveness of each of the Company’s AAP plans; determine the degree to which the Company’s goals have been achieved; and indicate any need for additional action.
· Provide assistance and recommendations to Talent Acquisition to ensure compliant applicant flow tracking; perform audits of applicant flow data and other AAP data.
· In partnership with People Strategy Leaders, review the qualifications of employees who are promoted or transferred to ensure that women and minorities are given full opportunity with respect to such employment actions and to ensure non-discrimination in these areas.
· Together with Legal, serve as a liaison between the Company and the various federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
· Keep the Company informed of the latest developments in the EEO area.
• Auditing and Reporting
· Partner with FMI Diversity, Equity & Inclusion function on action-oriented plans that support company affirmative action efforts.
· Work on ad hoc project teams to address any deficiencies in HR compliance identified and develop or modify policies and processes to ensure ongoing compliance.
· In collaboration with key People Team contacts, FMI Legal counsel, and external AAP consultants, coordinate quarterly AAP data reporting.
· Provide high level support during OFCCP compliance evaluations, serving as a lead on the audit team.
· Audit compliance with EEO laws and internal policies through formal and informal audit processes, under the supervision of Legal. Compile findings, as needed, for reporting to the FMI Compliance Committee.
· Oversee the follow-up, and, as applicable, audit findings and other issues generated by the compliance program, including development of audit action plans, as needed.
· Ensure the completion of annual EEO-1 and VETS4212 reporting and employment law posting relating to Affirmative Action Programs for all FMI sites in compliance with federal regulations.
· Establish processes and controls for government agency audits, including response preparation and ongoing compliance reviews.
· Ensure appropriate documentation, interpretation, and communication to leaders regarding the implementation of various compliance plans.
· Audit employment-related policies to identify gaps, inconsistencies, errors or incomplete information, unsigned/missing documents.
· Keep up-to-date on industry trends and regulations in coordination with the Legal team and make recommendations as needed in order to maintain compliance.
· Monitor the effectiveness of audit controls designed to meet regulatory obligations, owning remediation plans, as required.
· Maintain strict confidentiality of data and information relating to auditing and reporting.
· Maintain all records subject to compliance auditing in an organized and accessible format.
· Assist Legal/Compliance with responses to government agency inquires, compliance reviews and audits, as well as internal/external requests for EEO reporting.
· Communicate successes and recommend strategies for improvement in areas of concern.
• Other Duties
· Partner with FMI Diversity, Equity & Inclusion function on action-oriented plans that support company goals.
· Work on ad hoc project teams to address any deficiencies in People compliance identified and develop or modify policies and processes to ensure ongoing compliance.
· Other related duties and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years of progressively responsible compliance, legal, and/or human resources experience
• 5+ years of experience with EEO/Affirmative Action Plan oversight for a federal contractor operating in multiple jurisdictions
• Working knowledge and basic understanding of U.S. federal and state employment laws and regulations
• Law degree or paralegal certificate
• Experience working with and positively influencing internal and external auditors and stakeholders
• Experience within a compliance function that includes, OFCCP, I-9, EEO, policy and process work and audit responses
• Demonstrated competency in standard concepts, practices, and procedures of affirmative action and compliance
• Knowledge of state and federal administrative agencies and their roles, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Office of Federal Contracts Compliance Program, Office for Civil Rights, and the Department of Labor
• Knowledge of applicant tracking systems and strong information systems experience, ability to gather and analyze large and complex data requirements Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience collaborating on project teams, managing relationships with clients, and presenting to audiences
• Ability to use sound judgement to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve results
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, coordinate and satisfy numerous competing demands
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to FMI Values: Patients, Passion, Collaboration and Innovation
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.