About the Job
The Intern, Corporate Communications supports, and in some cases leads, several important communications projects at FMI.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Write, edit and produce communications content, including:
· Press releases
· Blog posts
· Social media content for FMI’s corporate social media channels
· Messaging documents, Q&A, media backgrounders, etc.
· Press kit elements
• Partner with the in-house Creative team on accompanying visual elements.
• Support the Corporate Communications team by maintaining an editorial content calendar; and help with the calendar mapping out Thought Leadership events and activities, including cancer awareness months.
• Compile design resources with the Creative team for external use and create evergreen content elements that support FMI’s brand story.
• Support and collaborate on content development with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with cross-functional communications, including:
· Internal Communications Team
· Patient Advocacy Team
· Commercial Team
· Data Teams
· Talent Branding Team
• Assist with media relations logistics.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Rising senior or junior enrolled in a four-year degree program pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Prior experience in the medical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology industry, or in communications
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results with limited direction or guidance
• Highly motivated
• Strong work ethic and tenacity
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Demonstrated attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.