About the Job
The Corporate Counsel provides legal advice and counsel for data related, corporate development and digital health transactions and supports day-to-day initiatives as well as long-term strategies. The role has the primary responsibility of drafting, reviewing, revising, and negotiating a broad range of agreements with third parties in the areas of data acquisition and licensing, digital health, new business development, and other areas, as well as advising on data use, privacy and security matters.
• Deliver timely legal advice as needed to Data Strategy and Products, Corporate Development and other teams.
• Identify potential legal issues and propose solutions to mitigate risk.
• Draft, review, revise, and negotiate a broad range of corporate agreements including, but not limited to, data and digital health related agreements and collaboration agreements.
• Manage multiple subject matter issues across diverse areas of the company, taking the initiative to identify appropriate subject matter experts and coordinating overall review.
• Identify legal issues, research new legal issues, and provide advice in a manner that integrates legal risk management with FMI’s business objectives.
• Advise on contract interpretation, dispute resolution, and legal risks.
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships across the company and contribute to cross-functional or departmental projects.
• Support the Legal Team’s efforts to effectively manage the delivery of legal services.
• Appropriately triage workflow, set clear priorities and expectations with clients, and efficiently deliver results.
• Operate with very limited supervision.
• Independently discern and establish priorities.
• Collaborate with colleagues in the Corporate Development, Data Products and Strategy, Biopharma, Research & Development, Commercial, and Finance functional areas.
• Travel locally up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• J.D. degree
• 6+ years of prior legal experience
• Admission to any state bar association in the United States
• Prior professional experience in-house at a life sciences company, healthcare company, relevant governmental agency, or for a law firm working on healthcare-related matters
• Significant experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial and strategic collaboration agreements
• Experience with complex licensing and collaboration agreements
• Prior professional experience advising business partners at all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize numerous requests for assistance and offer superior work product and advice in a timely, thoughtful and complete manner
• Track record of successfully influencing business outcomes
• Familiarity with healthcare and FDA regulatory laws and regulations, including healthcare fraud and abuse laws, human subjects research regulations and other laws and regulations related to the development and commercialization of diagnostic products
• Expertise in the area of data privacy, governance and security, including HIPAA and GDPR
• Proven ability/interest in working across a broad range of subject matter areas
• Ability to:
· balance a variety of projects with deadline pressures and limited supervision
· establish and maintain strong relationships within FMI’s business and Legal teams
· engage professionally with colleagues at all levels, including external partners, and to influence outcomes through effective leadership skills
· work in a dynamic, evolving and fast-paced work environment, with the confidence and abilities to work independently
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Strong legal research and analytical skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear way
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to be a solutions-oriented and collaborative team player
• Strong presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Well-organized with strong planning skills, and high attention to detail
• Sound legal and business judgment with the ability to identify and escalate legal issues when needed
• Commitment to values held at FMI: Patients, Innovation, Collaboration, and Passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you. Your friend will receive an email shortly.