About the Job
The Corporate Recruiter is responsible for a full cycle recruiting process that attracts the top percentile of talent, and for the building out of personnel in functions and departments which need new or additional staff. The position identifies candidates best suited to fill open positions at the company through the use of sourcing, job description marketing, job seeker pipeline development, reference checking, candidacy evaluation, and interviewing. The Corporate Recruiter is a champion of FMI’s mission and culture and evaluates candidates based upon competencies and alignment with FMI’s values. In close partnership with all HR Teams, the Corporate Recruiter liaises with hiring managers to ensure that the needs of the business are met; negotiates offers; helps maintain internal pay equity; and, ensures the mission of the business is achieved strategically by the people whom the position helps to bring onboard.
• Provide professional representation for the office and respond to mail, telephone, electronic, and in-person inquiries, addressing issues independently or complete referrals as appropriate and maintain contact database.
• Perform full cycle recruiting activities including sourcing, phone screens, in-person interviewing, reference checking, negotiating and extending offers.
• Source and develop a pipeline of active and passive job seekers through utilizing networking techniques, professional organizations, the internet, and referrals.
• Partner creatively with hiring managers in order to develop a tailor-made recruitment strategy, attract top talent and meet hiring deadlines.
• Conduct evaluations of candidates and facilitate census meetings.
• Maintain an electronic record of candidacy approval or rejection with documented reasoning as pertinent to the Affirmative Action Plan.
• Prepare candidate offer packages, negotiate and extend job offers and coordinate on-boarding for newly hired employees.
• Partner closely with Executive level management to determine appropriate sourcing, interviewing and evaluation strategy and to prioritize hiring needs.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of experience with full life cycle recruiting
• Prior experience working within internal Corporate Talent Acquisition Teams as well as external staffing firms
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate candidates for cultural fit as well as conduct interviews in a manner that creates a “memorable experience” for each potential candidate
• Proven expertise in using social networking tools to hire top talent, including LinkedIn Recruiter
• Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Excellent prioritization skills
• Expertise in “hunting and evaluating” talent
• Strong sourcing skills with demonstrated success in networking or building pipelines as well as candidate assessment skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.