About the Job
The Intern, Corporate Strategy & Portfolio Planning (CSPP), supports the CSPP team’s remit to develop, refine, and implement high-level corporate strategy consistent with FMI’s mission, vision, short and long-term objectives. The Intern opportunity includes evaluation of new strategic directions and growth opportunities in support of FMI’s corporate strategy. The role also supports partnerships across the company to integrate, embed, and align corporate strategy across all organizational levels, to ensure all efforts are aligned to the strategic vision. Additionally, the role will include involvement in portfolio planning and prioritization to ensure that the overall company portfolio is aligned to the strategy.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Manage and perform detailed qualitative and quantitative analyses to support the company with strategic business thinking (e.g., prioritization, scenario analysis, business case creation).
• Support the preparation of management presentations to be presented to executives.
• Help establish a clear link between FMI’s strategic priorities and resource allocation for various project opportunities across the company.
• Support partnerships across functional areas to deliver strategies aligned with high-level corporate strategy and facilitate cross-functional alignment on strategic initiatives.
• Help provide strategic thought partnership for the Executive Team on decisions with broad or long-term business ramifications.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Currently a first-year students pursuing an MBA
• 2+ years of prior work experience in an analytical, problem-solving strategic function
• Bachelor’s Degree in biochemical science and technology, biotechnology, or in an equivalent scientific or business/analytical field
• 1+ years of prior life science/pharmaceutical industry experience
• Strong familiarity with healthcare language and terminology
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
• History of successfully leading cross-functional teams through strategic analyses and competitive analyses
• Excellent interpersonal skills including collaboration skills and communication skills for a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds)
• Demonstrated self-sufficiency, creative problem solving, and ability to execute in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
• Business acumen and comfort dealing with ambiguity
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive company matters
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.