Our Medical team’s culture of curiosity and service supports its mission to ensure that each patient receives the right treatment for their unique cancer.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Data Quality Control BioStatistician provides quality-related support for FMI’s Data Management team in the delivery of clinical data for biopharma partner studies. The role works cross-functionally with FMI teams, including Biopharma Operations, Technology, and Computational Biology.
• Apply advanced technical expertise to translate data management specifications into data validation specifications to ensure data quality for formal data transfers and other deliverables.
• Create programmed checks for biopharma data deliverables using Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) and other programming languages; update and run existing programs.
• Develop SQL databases and write/optimize applications to interface with SQL databases.
• Test, validate, and document efficacy of programs to ensure they meet specified requirements and produce accurate results per industry and FMI standards.
• Manage initiatives within the Data Management team.
• Develop processes for data quality improvement.
• Recommend and design solutions related to quality control.
• Develop programs that facilitate data manipulation and improve the user experience in organizing data for analysis.
• Assist in reviews of data transfer specifications and data transfer agreements.
• Present information to colleagues necessary for audits and interaction with outside clients and entities to ensure strategic collaboration.
• Educate colleagues on data manipulation, programming techniques, and sharing best practices.
• Draft updates to standard operating procedures based upon report findings as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree
• SAS training or coursework in a college or university setting
• Master’s Degree in Science or Public Health
• 1+ year(s) of experience working with SAS at a CRO or life sciences company
• Experience handling complex clinical datasets including genomic data
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
• Handle multiple tasks at once and work in a fast-paced environment
• Adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Strong proficiency with SQL and its variation among popular databases
• Deep understanding of underlying data and how datasets are linked
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices, International Conference on Harmonization requirements, Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) standards, Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) standards and other guidelines pertinent to clinical data
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passiom
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!