About the Job
The Data Steward is responsible for coordinating the quality, security, and maintenance of account and patient demographic data. This role defines data elements and establishes policies and procedures related to the collection and accuracy of data. In addition, the Data Steward performs tests on data systems to ensure data accuracy and is responsible for ensuring enough data quality is maintained so that the data can effectively support the business process. This role is involved in both independent and collaborative work and projects that include the use of account or patient demographic data.
• Utilize internal data governance processes and compliance guidelines to ensure quality, accuracy and timeliness of all aspects of account and patient demographic data.
• Partner with external clients, commercial, client services, laboratory operations and other departments to maintain accurate account and patient demographic data in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
• Maintain up-to-date and effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs).
• Analyze and develop solutions to improve and maintain the integrity, continuity, and accuracy of account and patient demographics data.
• Address escalated internal and external client concerns in a professional manner.
• Timely address any account and patient demographic data corrections and ensure efficient reporting in all stages of testing, to support clients in continued patient care and/or accuracy of patient records.
• Meet with team members regarding status of responsibilities (i.e., workload and coverage) as well as expectations on a routine basis.
• Lead or participate on project teams, and meet project deadlines.
• Utilize tools, such as advanced queries in the CRM, to research, identify data quality issues and trends.
• Manage any relevant documentation and intake forms in the CRM system to maintain an audit history that supports account or patient demographic data updates processes.
• Provide mentorship and training to fellow colleagues.
• Execute work in adherence to Good Documentation Practice (GDP) requirements and applicable regulations including but not limited to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), College of American Pathologists (CAP), Massachusetts state, and New York state.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ year of experience with data management and data management systems
• Master's Degree or other advanced education (Graduate level+)
• 4+ years of experience in a related healthcare, data, or laboratory field
• 1+ years of experience in project management
• General knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and Powerpoint
• Demonstrated track record of:
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!