Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Desktop Engineer II will work together with the Desktop Engineering team and the Service Desk to solve technical problems and ensure all computers; network connections and software are functioning smoothly for the business. The engineer will ensure that all systems are up to date with security fixes and patches. The desktop engineer will work with management to perform system changes and adhere to FMI organizational policies.
Scope of Control
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field with 3+ years of experience in a Desktop Engineering function
• High School Diploma/GED/Associates Degree with 5+ years of experience in Desktop Engineering function
• 5+ years of experience in Desktop Engineering or IT Infrastructure
• Experience and strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes
• Experience in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and working knowledge of
IT operations and architecture
• Proven track record of delivering results and introducing key ITIL disciplines and
practical project management techniques to programs
• Knowledge of the following: JAMF, SCCM, Systems Management Platforms, ITIL,
ServiceNow, Active Directory, Office 365, Firewall, CISCO switches
• Experience with integrations into ServiceNow
• Awareness of regulatory compliance (SOX, FDA) and role of systems in
• Entrepreneurial mindset with a bias for action and ability to deal with rapidly changing
• Understanding of business strategy and metrics
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to
navigate a complex organization
• Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
• Agreement to maintain confidentiality as it pertains to sensitive company, employee,
and proprietary data and information
• Customer-focused mindset
• Proves to have strong ethical decision-making skills
• A value-centric approach, history of assessing requests from a value delivery perspective
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!