Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The DevOps Engineer III is responsible for supporting all aspects of the Lab Systems AWS environment, as well as Lab Systems software deployment in our CI/CD pipeline, including design, provisioning, monitoring, automation, and maintenance of our software suite. The position works with Lab Systems technical teams, investigates cloud incident reports, and, as a member of the DevOps team, is a change champion in the adoption of new ways to build and release code. The incumbent partners with development teams to maintain best practices, integrate continuous automated testing, instantiate automation scripts, maintain and operate CI/CD pipeline software, and additionally partners with product teams to promote DevOps principles within our AWS centric environment.
• Support the FMI development teams to maintain uptime and reduce impact to patients.
• Provide support and guidance for operational requests regarding Cloud technology.
• Develop, and manage all DevOps platform tools and processes for Lab systems.
• Create, review, modify, and update AWS CloudFormation templates and Jenkins files.
• Support dev teams for change in pipeline and infrastructure.
• Participate in the DevOps 24/7 on-call rotation.
• Partner directly with architects and product developers to create supportable designs and debug problems.
• Contribute in project timelines and workloads.
• Deliver solutions in an Agile methodology.
• Promote microservice architecture best practices to development teams.
• Create and deliver presentations and documentation to the Technology team.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of work experience in Cloud or DevOps
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related engineering field
• Experience working in an on-call rotation
• Experience in managing or designing cloud deployment software
• Experience with:
• Hands on experience with infrastructure tools such as AWS, VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, and Swarm
• Understanding and experience working with version control software such as Git
• Solid understanding of JSON, XML, and related notational data representations
• Extensive knowledge about APIs, RESTful services and how they can be used to integrate with AWS
• Knowledgeable of cloud architecture, networking, system administration, and security best practices
• Comfortable with working in both Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Amazon Linux) and Windows environments
• Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset, including Jira and Confluence
• Familiarity with monitoring tools such as ELK, New Relic, DataDog, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, etc.
• Ability to work on a 24/7 on-call rotation, and prior experience on a rotation
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Developed written and oral communication skills, effective collaboration, and problem-solving skillset
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!