About the Job
The Director of Commercial Strategic Initiatives is responsible for the selection and management of broad cross-functional projects that are critical to achieving Foundation Medicine’s Commercial clinical objectives. This individual develops a range of strategic and tactical options, secures leadership and budget approval, secures cross-functional resources and takes accountability for execution, monitoring and reporting of progress / issues. The individual articulates project goals, strategy, and value to internal audiences with clarity and credibility. This role is a critical partner for each of the members of the Commercial Leadership Team and works closely with senior leaders and executives across the organization to ensure that projects are delivered in a way that reflect our values.
• In partnership with the Commercial Leadership Team, develop the business case for commercial strategic initiatives and projects.
• Lead the progression and integration of Commercial Strategic Initiatives and special projects that have cross-functional impact and are critical to strategic objectives and Commercial success.
• In partnership with the Portfolio Marketing team, formally facilitates the process of project solicitation, selection, and prioritization.
• Ensure initiatives are successful by identifying appropriate cross-functional stakeholders and associated resource needs, assigning roles and responsibilities, and appropriately tracking project milestones.
• Manage stakeholders by ensuring timely communication on issues related to their deliverables and/or responsibilities.
• Manage scheduled and ad-hoc program status reporting, citing progress to program goals/KPIs, proactively identifying risk with planned mitigation(s), and providing rationale for timeline and budget variances.
• May serve as representative/delegate for the Commercial team as needed.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of experience in a life sciences company
• 7+ years of relevant commercial experience
• 2+ years of experience managing people and leading teams
• MBA preferred
• Experience in a fast growth commercial organization with product launch experience
• Experience working in a matrix
• Ability to drive a collaborative spirit and foster strong relationships with key functions like Biopharma, Marketing, Lifecycle Teams, and Corporate Strategy
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage the unique dynamics and demands of competing internal customers
• Ability to influence without authority and partner with senior level executives
• Exceptional communicator and collaborator who can effectively influence and drive change within the organization
• Exceptional project management skills leading large scale cross-functional efforts
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.