Full Time | Cambridge | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Director, Customer Success leads FMI's Customer Success Program in design and implements the program's long-term data driven strategy. The position is responsible for planning and evaluating the department's high-level approach, guided by data on what success means to customers and the customer journey. This role ensures consistency with best practices and a proactive, outcome driven service operation that maximizes value to customers and patients.
• Define the customer journey and determine what success is for FMI’s customers.
• Leverage insights into the customer journey to manage, design, and implement a system to track metrics and outcomes of customer success.
• Direct and develop initiatives to drive the client success program for:
· Outcome-driven service;
· Proactive delivery of services;
· Consistent delivery of customer success services; and,
· Progress towards operational goals.
• Manage a team of client services direct reports and provide guidance, coaching, evaluation and hiring for the department.
• Refine, on a yearly basis, client success standards, training, communication and feedback mechanisms.
• Review, maintain and approve department-specific operating procedures, policies and other documents.
• Oversee and manage the client success program’s budget.
• Strategize, implement, improve, and manage both new and existing ideas and tactics.
• Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability.
• Define and optimize the customer lifecycle.
• Manage Customer Success activities including onboarding, training, professional services, customer success management and advocacy.
• Manage team goals by defining operational metrics for team, holding the team accountable for goals, coaching, inspiring and encouraging continuous learning within team.
• Execute initiatives to create company-wide culture of Customer Success.
• Align with internal stakeholders around Client Success capabilities.
• Drive company-wide definition of ideal customer and partnership.
• Travel domestically as needed, up to 30%.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8+ years of customer service experience in a client, patient, or customer-facing roles, 5+ years of which is in a customer success, account management, or client services position
• 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
• Master's Degree
• 10+ years of senior leadership experience in a customer success, account management, or client services department
• 10+ years of experience managing a team
• Background in marketing, sales, professional services, training and support
· overseeing remote teams
· in data and trend analysis as it pertains to account management
· managing and resolving complex customer success issues and driving issue resolution
· working independently, with minimal supervision
· problem-solving technical and human/interpersonal problems
• Established problem-solving abilities and analytical and negotiations skills
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.