About the Job
The Director, Data & Insights Delivery – Clinical Reporting is an integral part of the Data & Insights Delivery team within Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS). The position is responsible for building and leading a cross-functional, accountable team focused on developing and executing the global FMI clinical reporting product strategy. The scope of this team, and therefore this role, includes optimizing the existing FMI clinical report, as well as developing and executing against a roadmap of reporting enhancements, such as scientific/clinical insights and digital reporting formats.
• Develop and lead an effective, aligned, cross-functional team that is focused on achieving FMI’s clinical reporting ambitions and includes representation from translational oncology, technology/product management, design, medical, R&D, and other teams.
• Create a set of shared goals using FMI’s objectives and key results framework and drive alignment into the relevant functions.
• Secure resourcing and prioritization for critical clinical reporting initiatives by developing, as needed, recommendations for review and attaining approval by portfolio governance.
• Drive and support annual and quarterly planning processes.
• Lead the team to develop a strategic clinical reporting product roadmap.
• Assemble and prioritize a portfolio of reporting enhancements, including scientific/clinical insights, novel decision-making support, and technology-enabled digital/modular formats.
• Ensure that enhancements optimize FMI’s clinical reporting to enable the best treatment for each patient, the greatest impact on clinical decision making, and the best alignment with actionability, usability, and trust across product lines, geographies, and disease areas.
• Develop a mastery of the genomic/molecular insights clinical reporting landscape and competitive environment in order to deliver differentiated solutions for FMI.
• Work with internal partners in user experience and market insights/analytics to develop and implement approaches for measuring the impact of reporting.
• Serve as a key internal resource for senior leaders about how clinical reporting can enhance FMI’s progress towards becoming a decision insights leader.
• Work with global commercial teams/sub-teams, including the lifecycle teams and the portfolio marketing team, to align the clinical reporting roadmap and launch/marketing activities with key diagnostic product milestones and portfolio messaging.
• Serve as a critical member of the Sr Director’s leadership team, assisting with team-wide strategic and operational initiatives, which may entail taking on activities at the team or department level beyond the described scope of day-to-day responsibilities.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in product management/product development, product marketing, strategic/upstream marketing, or new product planning roles; relevant consulting experience also considered
• 4+ years of work experience in clinical, biotech, healthtech, or healthcare fields
• Graduate-level degree (Master’s or Doctoral degree) in business or a life sciences field
• Experience in clinical oncology and/or clinical genomics fields
• Experience leading/managing complex, cross-functional teams/projects
• Demonstrated track record of establishing and communicating complex product or service vision(s) and then driving those cross-functionally from concept/business case through development and delivery, including successful launch/lifecycle management
• Deep understanding of how clinicians, especially in the field of oncology, organize and interact with information in order to make treatment decisions
• Sufficient experience and comfort with regulated medical products, especially software and technology systems; ability to successfully navigate those constraints – and even appropriately challenge those boundaries – while driving execution of product strategy
• Working style that is highly collaborative with demonstrated ability to influence and inspire individuals and teams across multiple organizations, from front-line employees to the executive level, and to be effective working with cross-functional teams while having few/no direct reports
• Ability to be flexible and thrive in dynamic, at-times ambiguous, and fast-paced environments
• Excellent communication approaches that create an ability to engage with stakeholders, including executives and clinical key opinion leaders, and be seen as a peer/collaborator
• Passion for the life sciences and developing and delivering innovative technologies that benefit patients and their clinicians
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy• Identification with FMI’s values: patients, passion, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.