About the Job
The Director, Data Sharing & Integrations is an integral part of the Data & Insights Delivery team within Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS). This position is responsible for influencing and implementing the FMI data strategy across our external connections to an array of stakeholders as a means to support FMI’s precision oncology ambitions. The role blends both strategic components – determining the data sharing and data integration initiatives that support FMI goals and the product strategies that best enable them – and tactical components – driving the execution of our portfolio of partnerships/integrations. The Director, Data Sharing & Integrations is able to seamlessly switch between the two while balancing both.
• Lead effective, aligned, cross-functional teams comprised of representatives from technology/product management, US and International commercial teams, portfolio marketing, legal, design, corporate strategy, and others to:
· Develop an overall data sharing/data integrations strategy;
· Translate this overall strategy into product strategy for the platforms required to deliver a differentiated FMI portfolio through linking with and/or influencing key clinical workflows and harnessing two-way data flows (e.g. data integrations, digital reporting applications);
· Create and execute against a roadmap that prioritizes key data integrations designed to both bring in key data to enable FMI strategy as well as deliver data and insights to external stakeholders, and that takes these integrations from concept (including business plan) to launch and lifecycle management;
· Create a set of shared OKRs and drive alignment into the relevant functions;
· Secure resourcing and prioritization for critical data sharing/integration initiatives by developing business cases for review by portfolio governance;
· Drive and support annual and quarterly planning processes.
• Establish and lead the Data Sharing Committee in order to:
· Create and socialize key guidelines for evaluating data sharing initiatives brought by internal groups, including R&D, Medical, and Commercial;
· Develop tactical guidelines and guardrails that enable US and ex-US commercial teams to efficiently and effectively manage data transfer agreements (DTAs);
· Make cross-functional go/no-go decisions about specific data sharing proposals.
• Develop a deep understanding of the competitive environment in order to deliver differentiated solutions for FMI.
• Work with internal partners in user experience and market insights/analytics to develop and implement approaches for measuring the impact of data sharing and data integrations initiatives.
• Serve as a key internal resource for senior leaders about how data integrations can enhance FMI’s progress towards its corporate strategy.
• Work with global commercial teams/sub-teams, including the lifecycle teams and the portfolio marketing team, to align the data integrations roadmap and launch/marketing activities with key commercial milestones and portfolio messaging.
• Serve as a critical member of the Sr Director’s leadership team, assisting with team-wide strategic and operational initiatives, which may entail taking on activities at the team or department level beyond the described scope of day-to-day responsibilities.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in product management/product development, strategic/upstream marketing, or new product planning roles
• 4+ years of work experience in clinical software and/or healthcare technology fields
• Graduate-level degree in a business or technical field
• Experience in clinical workflow software and services, particularly in the clinical oncology and/or clinical genomics fields
• Experience leading/managing complex, cross-functional teams/projects
• Demonstrated track record of establishing and communicating complex product or service vision(s) and then driving those cross-functionally from concept/business case through development and delivery, including successful launch/lifecycle management
• Deep understanding of how providers, especially in the field of oncology, organize and interact with information as part of their clinical workflows
• Strong functional experience with product management in the provider or health technology fields, and functional experience with software development lifecycle models, especially Agile
• Demonstrated ability to influence and inspire individuals and teams across multiple organizations, from front-line employees to the executive level, and to be effective working with cross-functional teams while having few direct reports
• Communication approaches that create an ability to engage with stakeholders, including executives and clinical KOLs, and be seen as a peer/collaborator
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
• Passion for the healthcare technology and developing and delivering innovative technologies that benefit patients and their clinicians
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Identification with FMI’s values: patients, passion, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.