About the Job
The Director, Field Operations is responsible leading the broader Field Operations team at FMI. This team plays an important strategic role in ensuring that our field teams have the tools, resources and technology they need to successfully execute their roles, and ultimately help FMI achieve it’s mission of transforming cancer care. The Field Operations team is focused on field automation and enablement tools/technology, master data management and data stewardship of commercial data, incentive compensation plan administration and operations, field reporting and field operational support. This leader partners closely with leaders within the Field and Marketing Teams, IT, and beyond.
• Field Technology
· Responsible for setting the strategic vision for and the everyday management of various Sales Force Automation & Enablement tools (CRM, Field Reporting Platforms, etc.) for the field facing teams.
· Act as the representative of the business teams for the field CRM requirements gathering, testing, and implementation.
· Partner with IT, Marketing, Sales, Biopharma, Market Access, and Medical Affairs for implementation of field enablement (CRM/SFA) platforms.
· Pro-actively identify and recommend updates/changes to optimize FMI’s enablement and automation systems.
· Partner with Training to implement develop and execute a learning plan for the various field enablement and automation platforms.
· Ensures that all field enablement and automation platforms adhere to FMI’s compliance policies.
• Field Incentive Compensation Administration
· Manage the team responsible for the administration and operational support for the field incentive compensation and awards programs, in partnership with Strategic Insights & Analytics, as well as Field Leadership.
• Field Operations Support
· Partner with Strategic Analytics to develop various tools, dashboards, reports, and technology solutions that capture key performance metrics and information to enable field performance.
· Work with Field Support to manage and operationalize key field reports.
• Data Management & Reporting
· Provide strategic oversight to commercial (Clinical Commercial & Biopharma Commercial) Data Governance and stewardship.
· Partner effectively with other Data Steward and Data Governance leads across the company to ensure data integrity and a strategic data vision.
· Develop and execute a strategic vision for leveraging commercial data compliantly with Biopharma partners.
• Field Force Structure & Alignment
· Act as a strategic partner to the business regarding field force size, structure, and resource allocation strategies.
• Team Leadership
· Provide management, coaching, and development to the Field Operations team.
· Set and execute on the strategic remit of the Field Operations team.
· Partner effectively with key internal stakeholders within the organization.
· Act as an internal expert and thought partner related to topics of field operations and enablement platforms.
• Travel internationally/domestically up to 15% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of sales operations experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or diagnostics industry (which may include work as a consultant or supplier to the industry)
• Master's Degree or MBA
• Experience in Oncology or Diagnostics
• Extensive experience Sales Force Design, Targeting, Incentive Compensation and Field Operations work
• Extensive experience supporting technical design of commercial systems and implementing applications (CRM/SFA)
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Experience in leading and supporting CRM build outs for business functions
• Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Deep knowledge and robust understanding of business operations and ability to identify and investigate operational needs and opportunities, and leads the implementation of improvements within area of responsibility
• Familiarity with database architecture and back-end commercial systems
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional teams with a history of leadership and initiative in achieving organizational objectives
• Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and determine focused objectives and a clear path forward in the face of open questions
• Demonstrated ability to work with many cross-functional partners
• Ability to understand and influence decisions
• Ability to interact and communicate with all levels in the organization
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.