About the Job
The Director, Internal Communications is a highly visible, cross-functional leadership position that maintains, develops and implements high-impact employee communications in support of FMI’s strategy and business objectives. The position helps deepen employee engagement through strategic and creative communications and providing expertise across a broad range of People Team, business, and employee communications programs.
• Lead a team of professionals to develop and execute a strategic internal communications plan.
Partner with People Team on key communications initiatives including employer branding, candidate and employee experience optimization, top places to work and other employee facing initiatives and programs that drive engagement through transparent communications.
• Formulate strategy and plans for internal communications in support of FMI’s corporate strategy and business objectives, including but not limited to: change management communications, company-wide projects, site-based communications, new headquarters communications.
• Spearhead all initiatives associated with the development and optimization of our Intranet platform, including liaising with Technology on upgrades and functionality.
• Collaborate across the organization on the development of weekly communications, Town Hall Meetings, leadership team meetings, round tables and other planned communications that facilitate employee connection to our goals and mission.
• Drive the integration and adoption of multi-channel communications, integrating new media, technologies, etc., as appropriate, to help communicate messages across our worldwide locations.
• Lead planning of company events to drive employee engagement and alignment to corporate goals.
• Ensure internal communications align with business goals and objectives.
• Serve as a strategic advisor to leadership on all internal communications.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of work experience in HR, public relations or a communications-related position
Previous experience as a people manager.
• Professional experience in internal communications, preferably in the healthcare or life sciences industries
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Skilled expertise with various digital mediums, applications and technology platforms including Instagram, SharePoint, InDesign, Adobe, and PowerPoint
• Willingness to think creatively and suggest new communications initiatives and channels to achieve communications objectives.
• Graphic design and video editing skills
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.