About the Job
The Director, Key Customer Strategy is an integral part of the Portfolio Marketing team within Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS). As Director, Key Customer Strategy, the incumbent is responsible for developing the global marketing stakeholder strategies related to FMI’s current diagnostic and data products portfolio and pipeline. The candidate is experienced, preferably within oncology, in developing overarching stakeholder marketing strategies within a portfolio of products. In addition, this position is an individual contributor (IC) role and has the potential to develop into a people manager within the GPS organization.
• Accountable for developing long-term (5 year) and short-term (90-day) strategic goals for key external stakeholders, including biopharma partners, key customers across academic and community institutions and organizations, as well as patients related to FMIs diagnostic and data portfolio with a measurable impact on customer experience, utilization, and/or patient
• Accountable for developing long-term (5 year) and short-term (90-day) strategic goals for national conferences within the US across the FMI portfolio with measurable impact on customer utilization and/or patient access.
• Collaborates with the Sr. Director, Portfolio Marketing and peers within the team to set the overall objectives and long-range goals for key stakeholders with a portfolio mindset; this role requires the individual to make decisions that have significant impact on these objectives and goals.
• Collaborates with key internal stakeholders across multiple organizations to ensure strategic co-development and subsequent alignment on strategy. Serves as a critical member of the Sr Director’s leadership team.
• Partners closely with the Commercial and Biopharma organizations to capture key stakeholder needs as well as ensure alignment and fluid pull-through of strategy into execution.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of marketing experience in oncology or related field
• MBA or other related graduate level degree preferred
• Expertise in all aspects of product marketing focusing on strategic development with full end-to-end experience in positioning, branding, campaign development, and channel mix for a mindset towards executional pull-through, stakeholder management experience preferred
• Extensive knowledge of the international healthcare system within oncology, including both the diagnostic and pharmaceutical areas
• Demonstrated ability to influence the strategic direction for a portfolio of products and translate that direction into an action plan for self and cross-functional teams, ultimately, making progress in the face of ambiguity
• Demonstrated bility to think with an enterprise mindset
• Ability to influence and inspire individuals and teams across multiple organizations, from front-line employees to the executive level
• Ability to flex and thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
• Strong customer orientation and focus
• Strong analytical skills to effectively interpret and utilize quantitative and qualitative data to shape strategies and tactics
• Passion for the life sciences and bringing innovative technologies to market for the benefit of patients
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.