About the Job
The Patient and Professional Partnership team at Foundation Medicine builds innovative collaborations with both the patient and professional communities across the United States. Comprised of individual patients/caregivers, patient thought leaders, grassroots communities and patient advocacy organizations, the oncology patient community continues to evolve at a rapid pace in today’s era of personalized healthcare. Collaboration with the professional community is also essential to advance priority healthcare areas of focus. Our team designs tailored partnerships to address areas of unmet community need, in partnership with teams across Foundation Medicine, and establish FMI as a market-shaper.
• Create and evolve partnerships with the professional community, including but not limited to national professional societies, institutions with whom FMI seeks to develop research/medical collaborations, cooperative groups, and key consortia.
• Build long-term, dynamic relationships built on trust, respect, and shared priorities.
• Facilitate connections between Foundation Medicine and the professional community.
• Identify areas of unmet patient need and design collaborative solutions with the professional community.
• Design long-term strategies bolstered by collaboration with the professional community.
• Create coalitions/alliances, as appropriate, with key healthcare stakeholders, including the professional community and other industry partners.
• Collaborate with other functions across Foundation Medicine to ensure seamless integration and meaningful impact.
• Deliver perspective from the professional community to teams across FMI.
• Represent Foundation Medicine externally.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in a healthcare field
• 12+ years of healthcare experience
• Previous clinical care experience (e.g., nursing care) or advanced degree in related field (e.g., PharmD, PhD)
• 8+ years of relevant oncology experience
• Deep knowledge of the oncology ecosystem and personalized healthcare
• Demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders to advanced shared areas of unmet need
• Proven track record of building multi-dimensional relationships within the oncology community
• Previous experience managing relationships with healthcare stakeholders on behalf of an oncology organization or company strongly preferred
• Communication to different audiences
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate internally as a well-respected partner
• Previous experience presenting to diverse healthcare audiences through conferences, panels and forums strongly preferred, along with previous publication experience
• Ability to translate complex healthcare topics and effectively tailor
• Understanding of pervasive challenges in today’s era of personalized healthcare
• Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.