Full Time | Boston | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
People Strategy Leader provides strategic direction and support to business leaders through the creation of talent solutions that drive business value, harnessing new capabilities and technology to consistently provide value-driving talent insight with improved efficiency. The People Strategy Leader is a member of the People Leadership Team and collaborates with peers on people related topics.
• Act as a strategic business leader.
· Understand the industry, the competitive landscape, and Foundation Medicine’s current and future revenue streams with significant depth. In this context, assess the likelihood of the business strategy’s success.
· Translate organizational strategy into people strategy and interpret the implications of one on the other.
· Engage people value levers to enable and advance the organization’s performance.
· Champion and steward FMI's unique culture and ensure that as we grow, our management practices are healthy and aligned with our vision.
· Effectively deploy coaching skills with the executive and leadership teams to enhance overall business impact.
· Ensure the people first corporate objectives are prioritized as part of the functional objectives in a way that supports the broader functional people strategy.
• Proactively problem solve with stakeholders.
· Function as a trusted advisor to the leadership team.
· Seek different perspectives by engaging relevant stakeholders and through facilitated problem-solving sessions.
· Apply subject matter expertise to address complex business problems and develop creative solutions collaboratively.
• Drive for impact.
· Adjust both approach and unique solutions in the face of new information and a rapidly changing environment.
· Define clear success metrics in line with business objectives.
· Clearly communicate the people vision and results of undertaken initiatives.
· Balance the unique needs of the business unit with broader enterprise needs.
• Serve on the People Leadership Team.
· Draw on expertise, deep prior experience, nuanced business and industry understandings to offer consultation to fellow HR leaders.
· Act as a key stakeholder and collaborative partner with HR centers of excellence.
· Support the creation and implementation of objectives, strategy, and major decisions regarding people programs and processes.
· Spearhead adoption of new People Team operating model to ensure organizational success.
• Other duties pertinent to people strategy, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development/Psychology, Business Administration, or a related field
• 10+ years of progressively responsible HR experience
• Master of Business Administration/MBA, or other Master’s Degree
• Deep understanding of business strategy
• Prior experience:
· directly supporting executive leadership
· collaborating with HR COE partners/expertise to develop business solutions
· in relationship and trust building at the leadership level
· as a change champion and managing through change efforts
· within a life sciences organization
· working directly in a business unit
• Track record of proactively engaging Executives with a strong degree of professional maturity with demonstrated ability to push-back and history of success in influencing outcomes
• Industry or domain experience within assigned functional area of focus
• “Make it happen/can do” response to challenges
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.