Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Director, Product Management Diagnostic LCT sits on the Diagnostic Lifecycle team and leads technology platform and product strategy as well as execution for existing and next-generation systems supporting a specific diagnostic product (Tissue, Liquid, Monitoring, etc.). The position collaborates with a team of product management and domain experts to drive product innovation and execute on strategy and business objectives. The Director, Product Management works in a 3-part team including a Technology Program Manager and a Technology Delivery Lead. This role influences the direction of existing workstreams and shapes the next generation of products in line with FMI’s overall product portfolio and corporate strategy. Success will be measured by the implementation of the product vision through thoughtful prioritization of stakeholder needs, the creation and maintenance of a product roadmap, and ultimately, effective execution against that roadmap. The ability to establish and leverage strong relationships across GPS, Technology and R&D will be critical to the success of this role.
The Director of Product Management reports to the VP of Technology Product Management and brings a product-centric approach to the technology strategy and delivery our Diagnostic Products.
• Design, implement and execute on an overall Diagnostic Product Technology Roadmap working closely with cross-functional stakeholders in both technology and business functions.
• Represent the Diagnostic Product strategy and effectively communicate product roadmaps to partner teams, stakeholders and peers.
• Align and closely collaborate with product and technology teams to effectively manage complex software deliverables that enable a Diagnostic Product across multiple technology workstreams.
• Serve as a full member of the Lifecycle Team (LCT) for a Diagnostic Product at FMI partnering with our Global Portfolio Strategy, R&D, Medical, Quality, Operations, Experience Design and Technology teams to establish short-term and long-term strategic plans and objectives, influence long range organizational goals, and lead key LCT technology initiatives.
• Create and maintain strong cross-team relationships both within the technology organization and with outside stakeholders.
• Continuously improve and communicate Agile product management process, culture, and best practices in enabling development of software, products and services within the department and the broader organization.
• Develop and evaluate new product ideas and opportunities, as well as improve existing products and features, including developing and implementing a process to intake, triage, and prioritize new opportunities.
• Foster a product culture that understands the importance of learning and iteration.
• Travel up to 10% for work meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in product management or product-focused roles, preferably with experience in the technology or biotechnology industries
• 7+ years of cross-functional, matrix team leadership experience
• 4+ years of experience successfully leading and growing highly effective and impactful teams
• Extensive experience:
· within product management in the healthcare or biotechnology industries
· in hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
· in software development lifecycle models and processes, especially Agile (Scrum Framework)
· with all of the following: oncology, biotech, life sciences or other diagnostic or healthcare related domain
• In-depth understanding of business strategy and metrics
• History of communicating complex ideas to internal and external stakeholders resulting in successful launch of products, from business case through product delivery and management
• A track record of establishing a vision for a product or service and taking the idea from concept to successful commercial release/lifecycle management
• Entrepreneurial, independent and pro-active approach to problem solving
• Superior communication and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization in generating buy-in for plans and ideas
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.