About the Job
The Market Insights Lead is a key partner in FMI’s strategic planning and commercialization efforts. As a member of the Strategic Insights & Analytics (SI&A) team, he/she leads a team of direct reports to proactively engage with partners and leaders across the organization to address key strategic questions. By leveraging advanced market research and analytical capabilities, the Market Insights Lead guides the team to continually build and refine FMI’s understanding of our markets, customers, and competitors to support robust strategic planning and execution.
• Break down complex problems into distinct parts to simplify complexity, manage uncertainty, understand and anticipate interdependencies; summarize and make recommendations back to the business based on the insights gathered.
• Lead the Market Insights Team to provide an objective viewpoint based on in-depth understanding and analysis of market, customer, competitive, and clinical information.
• Effectively collaborate across a broad group of stakeholders including BioPharma, Data, Commercial, Finance, Global Product Strategy, Medical, and Operations.
• Excel at strategic agility, adapting team capabilities and resources to best meet the needs of internal and external customers, provide focus and direction to successfully navigate complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity.
• Actively look for opportunities to bring in innovation, learnings, and best practices into team’s work.
• Maintain accountability for work product approach, quality, and timeliness.
• Identify and assemble appropriate team and expertise required to achieve objectives and outcomes.
• Skillfully lead team and partners, anticipating challenges and adapting accordingly.
• Provide strong strategic thought partnership on approaches to market research, customer insights, and analytics.
• Seek input from others to inform approach/perspective, and influence effectively.
• Mentor and coach individual team members on market insights technical and strategic capabilities.
• Help others to develop and advance their expertise through constructive feedback and encouragement; look for opportunities with appropriate risk-taking to develop people through challenging stretch assignments.
• Role model inclusivity and take an active interest in others’ professional development.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering or physical/life sciences, or related field required
• 12+ years market research and analytical experience, preferably within diagnostics, pharmaceutical or biotech industry; minimum of 6 years in diagnostics, pharmaceutical, biotech, or other life sciences required
• Minimum of 2 years of people management experience required
• Master of Business Administration or other advanced Degree (Master's +)
• Prior management consulting experience preferred
• 4 years or more years of people management experience preferred
• Experience defining and building strategies to drive outcomes aligned to business needs and streamline business operations
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing business and resource priorities, including deciding how to balance analytical rigor with the need to drive timely business outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to integrate a wide range of data and insight sources into a single point of view (e.g. competitive intelligence, market research, secondary data, financial reporting, etc)
• Experience with advanced qualitative and quantitative survey methods required (eg conjoint, max-differential scaling, statistical analysis, ethnography, patient flow, etc)
• Expertise in standard analysis and presentation software (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Able to articulate strategic direction to motivate and inspire others to action
• Strong strategic thought partner on approaches to market research, customer insights, and analytics
• Open to embracing new ideas and ability to operate in a flexible manner
• Strong interpersonal skills and a consultative mindset, with the ability to influence without direct authority and to develop strong partnerships
• Strategic advisor in areas of expertise, with ability to integrate varied perspectives to create a holistic point of view
• Ability to appropriately balance owning decision-making and empowerment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.