About the Job
The Strategic Partnership Leader drives the execution, growth and development of FMI’s strategic partnerships with key BioPharma customers. This role builds on existing relationships, ensuring delivery on commitments, relationship health, and expansion of current business, with a focus on partnering a portfolio of products. The incumbent collaborates with, and may lead, Alliance Management and Business Development professionals, establishing a team-based approach to ensuring customer satisfaction and partnership growth, in alignment with the partnership and business unit and FMI corporate strategies.
• Be responsible and accountable for end-to-end management and growth of one or more key BioPharma account(s); have OKRs linked to success of the BioPharma customer, planned timelines, and milestones.
• Lead the development of the annual partnership strategy, encompassing achievement of revenue and deliverables and expansion of partnership to increase value for both organizations and patients.
• Build strong relationships and have a deep understanding of Oncology and therapeutics, with an emphasis on strong knowledge of partners’ pipeline and precision medicine approaches across the entire therapeutic development lifecycle.
• Serve as a thought partner to biopharma companies on their precision medicine initiatives and identify new, innovative partnership opportunities across FMI’s products and solutions.
• Serve as a manager and mentor to team members, including Alliance Management (AM) and Business Development (BD) Professionals:
· Support AM team members in managing partner relationships, including serving as a point of escalation and supporting use of governance and decision-making bodies to advance partnership strategy;
· Support BD team members on transactions and deal structure, including as point of escalation to support negotiations when needed;
· Support team members in positioning opportunities to partner, ensuring appropriate framing, opportunity assessments and emphasis.
• Maintain availability to work outside of a regularly scheduled shift.
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or a scientific discipline
• 8+ years of professional business development/alliance management experience in a diagnostic or data/insights company with a focus in Oncology
• Advanced degree in business or a scientific discipline
• 10+ years of professional business development/alliance management experience in a diagnostic, data or biopharmaceutical company with a focus in Oncology
• 1+ years of experience leading and managing people
• Scientific and strong business/business development experience including ability to negotiate, execute and close deals
• Experience with the principles and approaches of Alliance Management, including joint problem solving, managing escalations, removing barriers for joint teams and managing governance
• Strong knowledge and credibility in the oncology market, both US and internationally
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passio
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.