Our Medical team’s culture of curiosity and service supports its mission to ensure that each patient receives the right treatment for their unique cancer.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Director, Strategic Publication Planning plays a key role in the execution of an integrated, enterprise-wide publication strategy. The incumbent provides input into the evidence generation plan and strategically delivers on publications aligned to those data objectives. The position partners with FMI cross-functional leaders, as well as FMI partners at Roche and Flatiron to develop a dynamic publications plan, elevating FMI’s mission to transform cancer care.
• Publication Plan Execution & Program Management
• Cross-Functional & Stakeholder Collaboration
• Establish and drive industry best practices for publication strategy and planning across FMI
• Publication Strategy Development
• Team Management
• Other duties as periodically assigned.
• Advanced scientific or healthcare-related degree (MD, DO, PharmD, PhD or equivalent) preferred. Relevant Masters programs will also be considered.
• 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry
• Demonstrated work experience leading successful publication activities impacting the healthcare or medical field
• Experience in oncology and/or diagnostics
• Strong understanding of good publication practices and guidance, ICMJE, GPP3, Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to scientific data communication
• Ability to work across multi-disciplinary groups and to lead decision-making discussions
• Strong writing, presentation, organizational and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and collaborative skills with individuals, groups, and senior management
• Understanding of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
LI- Remote [Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States]
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!