About the Job
The Director, Biopharma Business Development is responsible for developing relationships and negotiating partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology customers and enabling them to benefit from FMI’s portfolio of biopharma solutions. This role works cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and contributes to other strategic and development projects across the group and the company.
• Deliver on annual strategic objectives and revenue goals for the Biopharma Information Products business line.
• Identify areas of alignment between FMI’s Biopharma solutions portfolio and the oncology development and commercial portfolio of accounts to generate new strategic partnership opportunities that contribute to the biopharma group goals.
• Partner with the Alliance Management to handle existing business within accounts and identify new opportunities for account growth.
• Own business development activities for key accounts as assigned.
• Build relationships with R&D and commercial executives at partner organizations, enabling identification, development of and support for additional value-creation opportunities across the biopharma solutions portfolio
• Drive progress against defined partner strategies.
• Execute initiatives to drive strategic partnerships to deal execution.
• Track and support progress against defined strategic objectives and revenue goals.
• Collaborate with other subject matter experts to develop and execute partnerships across the FMI solutions portfolio, proactively raise issues and propose solutions.
• Contribute to the development of the Biopharma solutions portfolio and support, as appropriate, strategic transactions outside the direct Biopharma business line.
• Negotiate, or act as a co-negotiator of CDx deals with Biopharma partners.
• Oversee the development of new processes to streamline and improve the CDx deal making process, proactively raising issues and proposing solutions.
• May manage direct reports and provide coaching, guidance, evaluation and hiring as needed.
• Travel approximately 20% of working time, domestically and internationally.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of commercial, marketing or sales experience, inclusive of 5+ years in a business development role within the biotechnology, biopharmaceutical, diagnostic, clinical trials, or regulatory affairs industries
• Master’s Degree and/or PhD in a business or in a scientific discipline
• 8+ years of business development experience, including implementation work within a large organization
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to generate reports and presentations
• Familiarity with oncology and genomics by training or experience
• Familiarity with data science, including statistics, clinical research, and analytics
• Ability to begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and collaborative skills with individuals, groups, and senior management
• Passion about cross-functional teamwork with a humble approach to leadership
• History of performing as a trusted team member within an organization
• Demonstrated eagerness to learn
• History of proactively taking initiative and driving towards results
• Ability to maintain adaptability, manage and prioritize between multiple projects
• Proactive initiative in communications and initiative in building strong relationships
• Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Outstanding writing, presentation, and project management skills
• Demonstrated record of exceptional productivity and results
• Demonstrated evidence of success working in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to understand and communicate scientific or technical information
• Ability to work across multi-disciplinary groups and to lead decision-making discussions
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.