About the Job
The Director, Head of Real World Data Sciences is a key leader within the Clinical Development team. It is a highly visible and cross-functional leadership role at Foundation Medicine (FMI), partnering closely with Decision Sciences, Global Portfolio Strategy (Decision Insights), Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, Translational Oncology and Clinical Reporting, Technology and Biopharma. This leader will also play a critical part in FMI’s relationship with Flatiron Health. This leader will collaboratively define FMI’s RWD strategy, roadmap and priorities and ensure alignment with FMI’s vision. This role will also manage a growing team of translational/clinical Data Scientists at FMI.
• Definition of Strategic Direction, Roadmap and Deliverables
· Define the strategic direction and roadmap for the Real World Data Sciences function.
· Partner across the company, with the Decision Insights team, Clinical Development leads and Flatiron Health to develop a cross-enterprise roadmap for the Clinicogenomic Database (CGDB).
· Partner with Clinical Development Scientists and the Decision Insights team to define the use of real world data in supporting Decision Insights for clinical applications through various reporting channels, from Molecular Tumor Boards to potential use in our FMI commercial report.
· Partner with Decision Insights team to define the use of real world data in supporting Decision Insights for BioPharma partners.
· Prioritize projects based upon FMI’s/Medical’s organizational objectives and collaborate cross-functionally to deliver.
· Expand knowledge of and access to available and meaningful real world data sources within and outside of FMI, and their application to product development needs.
· Direct and oversee analyses in support of Clinical Development plans for product lifecycle management and demonstration of clinical utility of FMI assays.
• Execution and Delivery
· Define team and individual objectives and measures.
· Drive towards completion of key deliverables.
· Oversee workflows of the team and ensure quality deliverables.
· Serve as lead author for any resulting publications.
• Team Development
· Oversee, manage, train and develop team of Data Scientists.
· Create forums for intellectual exchange/community of Data Scientists for knowledge sharing and innovation.
· Establish the Real World Data Sciences team as a center of excellence, providing FMI colleagues with insights and subject matter expertise.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• PhD in Statistics or Biostatistics
• 10+ years in statistical research and/or in industry setting, focusing on healthcare, real world evidence and/or drug development
• Demonstrated experience in leading a group/team
• Experience in oncology molecular diagnostics
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Successfully managing multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!