About the Job
The Director of Digital Laboratory Innovation is a passionate, creative, enterprise-minded leader responsible for building a strategic plan and driving the implementation of key digital technology initiatives as part of our Technology Operations team. They lead a team of strong diverse leaders modeling inclusion and FMI Values. This role enables the continued digital transformation and digitization of our Client Services & Laboratory Operations network.
The Director leverages digital approaches to increase organizational capability, deliver efficiencies, improve operational robustness, and foster a “digital culture”, all to better serve our patients. This leader partners closely with Operations, Software Engineering, IT, and Product Development to deliver the technology and digital ecosystem driving connected labs across the network and enabling operations readiness for Industry 4.0.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from FMI Quality Assurance regarding regulatory guidelines.
• Develop and own the Digital Innovation roadmap for Client Services and Lab Operations that feeds into the overall Technology Operations strategy.
• Influence the broader organization in selecting, prioritizing, and investing in technology adoption that will provide the most added value for the Client Services and Lab Operations network.
• Collaborate with internal customers to understand and provide input on technical feasibility, benefits assessment, and implementation timelines for programs and projects impacting Client Services and Lab Operations.
• Manage and execute Digital Innovation projects with internal and external business partners, that deliver expected business results and compliance requirements, within timing and budget commitments.
• Provide Technology Operations oversight on key systems implemented across Client Services and Lab Operations network (including LIMS, ERP, eQMS, MES, etc.), overseeing pilots and supporting them towards scale-up.
• Support Digital Transformation with change management on digital enablement and proposals for organizational adaptions.
• Develop, plan, and recommend a budget, capital equipment, and staffing changes as required.
· Sense evolving requirements of the company, customers, and the external environment to evolve our function.
· Act as a steward of the enterprise by:
· Balancing long term vision with short term delivery;
· Making decisions to invest/build/sustain with ever-increasing efficiency/modify/exit programs and capabilities; and
· Deploying resources according to the priority of customer impact, risk mitigation, and opportunity maximization.
· Deepen partnerships across organizational boundaries (both internally and externally) and work collectively to fully support and enable peers to drive impact for customers.
· Advance success of the organization by championing functional capabilities and perspectives, while holding an enterprise and growth mindset.
· Support the building of organizational capability and engagement in digitalization of operations to drive business value.
· Cultivate an environment that inspires trust, growth mindsets, positive change, and action to advance the FMI mission.
· Build, supervise, and coach a goal-oriented team of direct reports to support the overall roadmap and individual project execution.
· Bring an enterprise perspective to the organization; inspire all in the Network to embrace an enterprise mindset and contribute to organizational health.
· Set clear expectations and accountability (rewards and consequences) within the function for delivering impact and embodying Operating Principles.
· Lead prioritization and resource allocation, while working at the leadership level to develop and implement business strategies to advance the organization.
· Create a clear team vision and the strategic plan necessary to translate into action.
· Enable talent to flow to where people and their expertise are needed most within the Network with an eye to both contribution and development.
· Communicate effectively and professionally with all members of the organization, customers, and external contacts.
· Maintain a sense of urgency regarding patient care and a positive impact on the treatment of cancer patients.
· Develop, maintain, and streamline systems designed for experimentation and learning while maintaining quality.
· Set clear expectations for department and individual compliance accountability using sound judgment and compliance knowledge.
• Travel up to 20% to all US lab sites and Penzberg, Germany.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or other Science related field
• 10+ years of experience in digital technologies and trends across industries (e.g., Industry 4.0, IoT)
• MBA or other graduate-level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or other Science related field
• 12+ years of experience in digital technologies and trends across industries (e.g., Industry 4.0, IoT)
• 12+ years of experience in digital strategy and execution roles
• 8+ years of leadership experience, managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in:
· Leading the development and execution of digital strategy in operations or laboratory environment
· Evaluating and implementing digital systems and infrastructure in regulated environments and application of digital quality systems
· Developing compelling, data-driven business cases and presenting to senior leadership
· Implementing change, scaling operations for growth, staff development, and building successful teams
· CLIA or regulated laboratory setting
• Understanding of industry-leading process improvement practices such as LEAN, Six Sigma, Agile, RCA, CPI, customer success management, and information technology management (ITIL)
• Deep knowledge in the application of MES/LIMS/Data Historian/EBR/EMR systems
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to be detail-oriented with effective organization and problem-solving skills
• Ability to be dexterous and creative in a fast-paced, startup environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!