About the Job
The Director of Digital Laboratory Innovation is a passionate, creative, enterprise-minded leader responsible for building a strategic plan and driving the implementation of key digital technology initiatives as part of our Technology Operations team. They lead a team of strong diverse leaders modeling inclusion and FMI Values. This role enables the continued digital transformation and digitization of our Client Services & Laboratory Operations network.
The Director leverages digital approaches to increase organizational capability, deliver efficiencies, improve operational robustness, and foster a “digital culture”, all to better serve our patients. This leader partners closely with Operations, Software Engineering, IT, and Product Development to deliver the technology and digital ecosystem driving connected labs across the network and enabling operations readiness for Industry 4.0.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from FMI Quality Assurance regarding regulatory guidelines.
• Develop and own the Digital Innovation roadmap for Client Services and Lab Operations that feeds into the overall Technology Operations strategy.
• Influence the broader organization in selecting, prioritizing, and investing in technology adoption that will provide the most added value for the Client Services and Lab Operations network.
• Collaborate with internal customers to understand and provide input on technical feasibility, benefits assessment, and implementation timelines for programs and projects impacting Client Services and Lab Operations.
• Manage and execute Digital Innovation projects with internal and external business partners, that deliver expected business results and compliance requirements, within timing and budget commitments.
• Provide Technology Operations oversight on key systems implemented across Client Services and Lab Operations network (including LIMS, ERP, eQMS, MES, etc.), overseeing pilots and supporting them towards scale-up.
• Support Digital Transformation with change management on digital enablement and proposals for organizational adaptions.
• Develop, plan, and recommend a budget, capital equipment, and staffing changes as required.
• Travel up to 20% to all US lab sites and Penzberg, Germany.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or other Science related field
• 10+ years of industry related experience
• MBA or other graduate-level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or other Science related field
• 12+ years of industry related experience.
• 8+ years of leadership experience, managing cross-functional teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in:
· Leading the development and execution of digital strategy in operations or laboratory environment
· Evaluating and implementing digital systems and infrastructure in regulated environments and application of digital quality systems
· Developing compelling, data-driven business cases and presenting to senior leadership
· Implementing change, scaling operations for growth, staff development, and building successful teams
· CLIA or regulated laboratory setting
• Understanding of industry-leading process improvement practices such as LEAN, Six Sigma, Agile, customer success management, and information technology management
• Knowledge in the application of MES/LIMS/Data Historian/EBR/EMR systems
• Ability to be detail-oriented with effective organization and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!