About the Job
The Director, Field Operations is responsible leading the broader Field Operations team at FMI. This team plays an important strategic role in ensuring that our field teams have the tools, resources and technology they need to successfully execute their roles, and ultimately help FMI achieve it’s mission of transforming cancer care. The Field Operations team is focused on field automation and enablement tools/technology, master data management and data stewardship of commercial data, incentive compensation plan administration and operations, field reporting and field operational support. This leader partners closely with leaders within the Field and Marketing Teams, IT, and beyond.
• Field Technology
• Field Incentive Compensation Administration
• Field Operations Support
• Data Management & Reporting
• Field Force Structure & Alignment
• Team Leadership
• Travel internationally/domestically up to 15% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10+ years of sales operations experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or diagnostics industry (which may include work as a consultant or supplier to the industry)
• Master's Degree or MBA
• Experience in Oncology or Diagnostics
• Extensive experience Sales Force Design, Targeting, Incentive Compensation and Field Operations work
• Extensive experience supporting technical design of commercial systems and implementing applications (CRM/SFA)
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Experience in leading and supporting CRM build outs for business functions
• Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Deep knowledge and robust understanding of business operations and ability to identify and investigate operational needs and opportunities, and leads the implementation of improvements within area of responsibility
• Familiarity with database architecture and back-end commercial systems
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional teams with a history of leadership and initiative in achieving organizational objectives
• Ability to operate in ambiguous situations and determine focused objectives and a clear path forward in the face of open questions
• Demonstrated ability to work with many cross-functional partners
• Ability to understand and influence decisions
• Ability to interact and communicate with all levels in the organization
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.