Full Time | Cambridge | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Director, Franchise Lead Development leads the strategy and implementation of a designated product or portion of FMI’s clinical product portfolio. The position is responsible for directing the strategy, ideation, releases and features of the designated product(s) and their respective workflows, in close collaboration with the department. Additionally, this position may be responsible for supervising and training some staff within the department.
• Strategy Implementation
· Develop a strategic roadmap for progressing FMI’s product and molecular information portfolio.
· Partner with leaders and colleagues across Product Development, Clinical Development, Commercial, and Biopharma teams to refine the roadmap on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Provide structured thinking to product team on overall including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources, delegating as appropriate.
• Product Development
· Lead project phase reviews that define and track key project metrics.
· Maintain the product budget and forecast for the full lifecycle.
· Gather market data and information on client and customer groups, in close collaboration with the Sales, Marketing, and Account Manager groups, at regular intervals for generating new iterations.
· Conduct brainstorms and other sessions to curate new ideas for product development, incorporating feedback and current information.
· Develop the scope, schedule, risk, resource and performance of new product introduction or continuation.
· Run meetings and events to ensure team ownership and commitment to product plans.
· Assimilate new information into the product roadmap as identified.
· Produce reports and information on the product development status.
· Lead the cross-functional team in execution of workflows related to the complete product cycle and new product releases.
· Act as point of contact in cross-functional communications
· Serve as the liaison between the Product Development team and FMI governance (Portfolio Review Team, Infrastructure Management Team, and Executive Team).
· Generate communications related to program and product plan activities, including progress, milestones, obstacles, and plans.
· Maintain in-depth troubleshooting knowledge regarding the designated product.
· Rapidly resolve critical issues that impact delivery.
· Other duties assigned.
• Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology or a related life sciences field
• 9+ years of experience within the biotechnology or life sciences industry
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Computational Biology or a related field
• Established knowledge base regarding NGS technology and biomarker development
• 3+ years of prior work experience in cancer diagnostics
• 3+ years of prior experience developing and overseeing the execution of development programs that have led to long-term, sustainable success of multiple products
• Detailed knowledge of clinical product development, including:
· Regulatory data and processes
· Interpretation of complex data sets (scientific, business, and financial), clinical trial designs and scientific or clinical publications
• Expertise in building relationships based on trust both internal and external to an organization
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Technical proficiency and creativity
• Strong capacity for independent thinking
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically presentations
• Ability to explain complex technical details in clear language
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Excellent attention to detail and an obsession with quality
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.