Full Time | Boston | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Director, Product Management on the Enterprise Systems Team leads product strategy and execution for existing and next-generation enterprise systems supporting business process automation and innovation. The position oversees and develops a team of product management and domain experts to drive product innovation and execute on strategy and business objectives. The Director, Enterprise Systems influences the direction of existing workstreams as well as shapes the next generation of products in line with FMI’s overall product portfolio and corporate strategies.
• Continuously improve and communicate Agile product management process, culture, and best practices in enabling development of software, products and services within the department and the broader organization.
• Drive and support the annual and quarterly product planning process across enterprise systems.
• Develop and drive prioritization across all product value streams.
• Lead a team of product managers who each lead scrum teams and support value streams.
• Design, implement and execute on the overall Enterprise Systems product roadmap working closely with cross-functional stakeholders across technology and business functions.
• Design measurable tactical and strategic indicators of success that include data-driven inputs and outputs that will help drive accountability and alignment across the team.
• Develop and evaluate new product ideas and opportunities, as well as improve existing products and features, including developing and implementing a process to intake, triage, and prioritize new opportunities.
• Serve as a member of the Engineering Leadership Team helping to continuously be the Voice of Customer and to improve the overall operations across the team: recruiting, learning and development, product development processes, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Represent the Enterprise Systems product strategy and effectively communicate product roadmaps to stakeholders and peers.
• Foster a product culture that understands the importance of learning and iteration.
• Manage a team of direct reports. Attract, develop and retain high quality talent for the department.
• Travel up to 10% for internal work meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in product management or product-focused roles, 4+ years of which is in the technology or biotechnology industries
• 5+ years of experience managing one of the following: enterprise systems, enterprise operations platforms, CRMs (such as Microsoft Dynamics 365, Salesforce, and similar), or ERP systems
• 4+ years of team leadership experience
• 4+ years of experience successfully leading and growing highly effective and impactful teams
• Extensive experience:
· within product management in the healthcare or biotechnology industries
· in hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
· in software development lifecycle models and processes, especially Agile (Scrum Framework)
· with all of the following: CRM, ERP and other enterprise systems such as Microsoft Dynamics 365
• In-depth understanding of business strategy and metrics
• History of communicating complex propositions, products or services to internal and external stakeholders resulting in successful launch of products, from business case through product delivery and management
• A track recording of establishing a vision for a product or service and taking the idea from concept to successful commercial release/lifecycle management
• Entrepreneurial, independent and pro-active approach to problem solving
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization in generating buy-in for plans and ideas
• Ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Our Data and Tech teams are growing. Hear from the teams about why they chose Foundation Medicine and why they stay.
Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.