About the Job
The Director, Publications Planning & Operations plays a key role in the execution of an integrated, enterprise-wide publication strategy. The incumbent provides input into the evidence generation plan and strategically delivers on publications aligned to those data objectives. The position partners with FMI cross-functional leaders, as well as FMI partners at Roche and Flatiron to develop a dynamic publications plan, elevating FMI’s mission to transform cancer care.
• Publication Plan Execution & Program Management
· Lead the tactical execution of the global scientific and medical publication plan, by:
· Developing timelines; and,
· Managing the process for development, review, approval, and submission.
· Manage internal and external medical writers.
· Direct the process for content development and submission of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and for abstracts/presentations at medical and scientific congresses.
• Cross-Functional & Stakeholder Collaboration
· Collaborate within Medical functions and across departments and lifecycle teams to drive the publication strategy and deliverables.
· Manage internal relationships across functions (including but not limited to Medical, Lifecycle, R&D, HEOR,, and Communications teams).
· Coordinate the evidence generation and publication strategy with FMI affiliates, including Roche/Flatiron teams, and biopharma partners.
• Establish and drive industry best practices for publication strategy and planning across FMI
· Accomplish this through:
· Developing, updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures;
· Policy implementation;
· Ensuring compliance and oversight of
· Disclosure requirements.
· Lead process improvement efforts for the review/approval of publications, abstracts and presentations.
· Identify, vet, and implement publication planning systems and technologies to create a central repository of ongoing and planned publications.
· Develop a deep understanding of publication landscape and leverage this to facilitate efficient publication processes and relationships with journal editors.
• • Publication Strategy Development
· Support the development and updating of a cross-enterprise publication strategy, publication objectives, and publication activities.
· Execute initiatives to align evidence generation and publication strategy across the enterprise
· Oversee and manage the Publications Planning & Operations team.
Other duties as periodically assigned.
• MD, Pharm.D, or PhD in a life science
• 5+ years post-doctoral work experience
• Demonstrated work experience leading successful publication activities impacting the healthcare or medical field
• Experience in oncology and/or diagnostics
• Strong understanding of good publication practices and guidance, Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to scientific data communication
• Understanding of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the importance of patient data privacy
• Strong writing, presentation, organizational and project management skills
• Ability to work across multi-disciplinary groups and to lead decision-making discussions
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and collaborative skills with individuals, groups, and senior managemen
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!