About the Job
The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Programs Leader helps set and keeps relevant the FMI D&I philosophy and strategy to ensure that inclusion, equity, and diversity continue to be a strong part of our culture. The person in this role manages the implementation and follow-through for multiple D&I programs, events, and interventions. This leader facilitates and is a member of our newly established D&I Committee. Further, the D&I Programs Leader aggregates, interprets, and surfaces insights, and shares D&I related data and leverages it to cause changes in line with our diversity goals.
The D&I Programs Leader tightly partners with external D&I consultants and vendors, as well as with FMI’s internal Learning & Development, Employee Communications, HR and key business leaders. Furthermore, this person connects to and gets involved with the entire FMI employee base, through a variety of platforms and channels, with the objective of further integrating and sustaining inclusion, diversity, and equity into our culture and across our systems for the long term.
• Acts as primary contributor in the development of FMI’s D&I objectives. Provides advice and guidance for integrating D&I further into FMI’s culture embedding those objectives into our systems (i.e. along the full employee lifecycle); brings bench-marking and best practices to the discussion.
• Manages and is responsible for overall internal formal D&I programs, initiatives, and events; activates, coordinates, and maintains connection to internal and external contributors.
• Develops and deploys specific programs, from mentoring circles to listening sessions, intended to act as channels that proliferate FMI’s D&I objectives.
• In partnership with FMI’s People Team, conduct regular equity audits.
• Has general oversight of FMI’s Employee Resource Networks (ERN’s) working in collaboration with the Director of Community Engagement.
• Acts as primary liaison with D&I external vendors, including payment and logistics management.
• Defines and regularly updates leadership/employee base on progress toward defined diversity goals, demographic metrics, and analytic requirements in partnership with the HRIS and People Analytics Team.
• Aggregates and leverages people analytics, survey data, and bench-marking information to help form and strengthen our D&I journey.
• Helps leaders interpret data through sharing D&I analytics and sharing insights via dashboards, presentations, and other platforms with the objective of engendering action.
• Shows up as a culture carrier and strongly promotes the D&I portion of our culture.
• Collaborates with FMI’s internal and external communication teams to build a consistent and effective communication approach to strengthen FMI’s D&I brand.
• Represents and provides knowledge breadth and depth in areas of D&I, as well as operations management, analytics, change management, and process improvement.
• Acts independently and is the operational lead to all the D&I development programs, often working across functions and SBUs.
• Coordinates and facilitates the D&I Committee (committee in process of being established).
• Maintains availability to work outside of a regularly scheduled shift.
• Travels domestically up to 30% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• 10+ years of prior Human Resources D&I program management experience
• Master’s Degree in business or a related field
• 15+ years of increasing responsibility in successfully developing and implementing organization-wide (and business-aligned) diversity, inclusion, equity, and culture strategies and initiatives, preferably in a life sciences fast-paced corporate environment
• Demonstrated history of leading initiatives and managing a change process in a multi-site corporate setting
• Expert knowledge of diversity and inclusion and employee engagement and culture strategies
• Strong knowledge of measurement and program evaluation
• Ability to build relationships and interact with all organizational levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to influence and engage people from different styles and backgrounds.
• Ability to lead collaboratively while demonstrating a high degree of initiative, drive and accountability, judgment, and flexibility
• Superior interpersonal presentation and project / program management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and deliver practical results in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to lead multiple complex projects simultaneously within aggressive time frames with minimal supervision
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Proven ability to define and operate within budget and resource requirements.
• Commitment to FMI values: Patients, Innovation, Collaboration, and Passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.