At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About The Job
The Enterprise Application Support Intern provides technical support and access management to our organization’s various enterprise applications, ensuring high availability and stability of FMI systems. This individual will apply analytical, problem-solving and communication skills to identify, communicate, and resolve application issues in a timely manner. The Enterprise Application Support Intern will assist with the maintenance and improvement of documentation and business processes related to the enterprise applications. The Internship provides exposure to Enterprise Application Support best practices including exposure to some of the Enterprise Applications utilized at FMI and associated business processes, processes to triage a user-reported issues and manage user communication, exposure to software testing and release processes, and managing knowledge base documents.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
Education & Experience
• Rising junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
• Good technical and troubleshooting skills in software applications
• Comfortable exploring and learning about software applications and related business processes
• Ability to follow documented processes with close attention to detail
• Excellent analysis and debugging skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to function as an individual contributor and/or a member of a team
• Experience navigating and using Enterprise Application Software (i.e. Microsoft D365, Salesforce, etc.) from previous internship, work experience, or similar
• Familiarity using support tools (Service Now ticketing and call tracking), techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services from previous internship, work experience, or similar
• Ability and desire to learn new applications and technologies
• Integrity, ingenuity, and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks
• Exposure to processes within a laboratory environment
• Commitment to FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
• Understanding of HIPAA, and the importance of privacy of patient data
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
"My time as an intern helped shape my career decisions. Seeing the important work done at Foundation Medicine helped me realize that this was the right path for me. After I graduated college in May of 2020, I was offered a full-time position as a Molecular Technician, before being promoted to a Molecular Technologist I. In my current role, I process patient samples by performing DNA digestion, extraction, library construction, and quality control assays."
- Stephanie, Molecular Technologist, Former Laboratory Operations Intern
Learn more about making the most of your internship here.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.