Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Engagement Partner, International Delivery serves as a strategic partner on behalf of FMI’s Technology department to FMI’s parent company, Roche, and drives delivery of approved Roche-related programs. This position works across FMI’s Technology Departments to coordinate the delivery of multiple software and infrastructure changes to meet the program success criteria. This position is also responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of program management processes and standards.
• Roche Engagement
• Manage the interface between FMI’s Technology Departments and various Roche Business and IT teams.
• Build and foster trust-based relationships with Roche counterparts.
• Understand Roche’s strategic initiatives requiring FMI Technology support and their potential business value.
• Advocate for the awareness and prioritization of Roche’s strategic initiatives in FMI’s program portfolio.
• Establish communication processes and channels to facilitate consistent and clear two-way communication.
• FMI Technology
• Partner with FMI Technology teams to build business capability roadmaps that support Roche’s strategic initiatives.
• Manage the backlog of Roche initiatives and shepherd requests through the Technology work intake process.
• Build and foster trust-based relationships across FMI technology, product, and engineering teams.
• Build an understanding of FMI’s technology product landscape and how each system supports core business and operational processes.
• Drive delivery across multiple technology teams for all approved Roche related programs.
• Program Delivery
• Ensure programs have clear success criteria and ensure the criteria is well understood by all teams and stakeholders.
• Facilitate planning efforts across agile teams (e.g. Big Room or Program Increment Planning).
• Monitor program status and track key milestones.
• Foster communication amongst teams; drive teams to self-organize communications, meetings and working agreements.
• Establish cadence and facilitate cross-team meetings (e.g. scrum of scrums).
• Track impediments reported by teams and ensure they are actively being worked by the appropriate scrum master
• Identify, monitor and escalate risks and issues, as appropriate.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to plan risk mitigation and take actions to resolve issues.
• Proactively identify task dependencies, understand their impact(s) to the program and actively manage to de-risk the dependencies.
• Ensure quality standards are met through program execution.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience delivering technology and/or operations related programs or projects
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field
• Certification in Agile Program Management, Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional or similar credentials
• 7+ years of experience in the role of a program/project manager
• Experience working internationally
• Ability to:
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!