About the Job
FMI is looking for a highly experienced Executive Assistant to provide dedicated support to the company’s General Counsel as well as general coordination with the Legal and Compliance leaders reporting into the General Counsel. The ideal candidate will be able to discreetly handle highly confidential and critical business matters and exercise excellent discretion and judgment in the performance of all responsibilities. The candidate must will be highly collaborative, able to interact comfortably and skillfully with internal and external stakeholders including the offices of other Executive Team members, the Senior Leadership team, and all other functions that the General Counsel customarily interacts with, including external counsel and affiliate legal departments. The individual will be expected to resolve time-sensitive issues with sound judgment and precision and exhibit strong organizational and communication skills. The individual will be expected to set agendas and participate in team leadership and all hands meetings and understand the context of work needing to be delivered that enables them to anticipate individual and business needs and resolve them independently. Critical follow through and project management skill sets will be leveraged. The individual must be a team player with the ability to multi-task and accommodate a flexible work schedule based on the needs of the General Counsel as well as the Legal and Compliance department.
• Provide professional representation of the Office of General Counsel.
• Provide executive leadership with extensive and continuous calendar management, expense management, event registrations and detailed meeting plan management, and all other executive support.
• Act as representative of the General Counsel regarding internal and external relations and correspondences and screening communications.
• Complete accurate and detailed leadership department expense reporting and other departmental reports.
• Assist with contract administration as needed including obtaining signatures, scanning and electronic filing.
• Streamline department processes, including but not limited to expense management, purchase orders, contracts and contact database.
• Perform operational support activities for team meetings, including meeting management, set up and breakdown.
• Provide professional representation for the office, exercising judgment and discretion with regard to confidential issues and materials in responding to mail, telephone, electronic, and in-person inquiries, addressing issues independently or making referrals, as appropriate.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of team and company information.
• Develop presentations, agendas, minutes and tracking of deliverables.
• Partner with the General Counsel and team leadership on special projects or initiatives.
• Track and monitor high priority initiatives for the General Counsel.
• Plan travel as needed.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7+ years of experience supporting administrative functions at the executive level
• Experience in a life sciences company (biotech, pharma, diagnostics or medical device)
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and operate with a high sense of urgency
• Ability to show and demonstrate on a consistent basis initiative, professionalism, poise and flexibility and work within an environment of frequent interruptions, conflicting priorities, and varying workloads
• Ability to observe strict confidentiality in all aspects of services provided
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with a wide variety of internal and external clients
• Excellent calendar management skills and demonstrated history of complex scheduling with consistent follow through
• Strong organization and prioritization skills; demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Ability to effectively exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential/proprietary information
• Ability to anticipate needs, resourcefulness and responsiveness are essential
• Ability to consistently strive for excellence and exercise good judgement
• Dependability, dedication, resourcefulness, and independence
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.