Full Time | San Diego | California | United States
About the Job
The Executive Assistant supports FMI’s executive-level leadership and Operations Team in San Diego, CA with a variety of routine to highly complex administrative and operational activities. This includes, but is not limited to, representing FMI, scheduling and coordinating onsite/offsite meetings, creating agendas, taking summary meeting minutes, tracking action items, setting up Town Hall meetings, coordinating complex domestic/international travel, channeling executive communication and/or creating materials as necessary. The Executive Assistant is responsible for handling work of a confidential and sensitive nature. This position requires the ability to apply knowledge, skills, and analytical competencies in order to achieve tasks under limited supervision.
• Maintain executive calendar including, but not limited to, meetings, conferences, facilities/room bookings, contact coordination, time blocks, etc.
• Provide support on creating, transcribing, editing, formatting, and disseminating information through agendas, meeting minutes, tracking action items, informs, reports, presentations, and legal documentation requiring a high degree of initiative and independent action to gather data from multiple components
• Support and meet administrative budget for department and/or functional area, monitor expenses against budget, research and analyze discrepancies, create and submit purchase orders and compile expense reports
• Streamline and reduce unnecessary administrative or operational tasks from SVP and other team members, determine innovative approaches and create proposals, while demonstrating the ability to envision, innovate, learn, change and take action. (FMI Intranet Site, SharePoint, Google Platform)
• Serve as the Operations department and San Diego site Executive Assistant on new systems, processes, and training compliance.
• Serve as the “go-to-person” for general operational or administrative inquiries, requiring thorough knowledge of departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
• Support the training and onboarding efforts for department/functional new staff on administrative processes, systems, practices, tools, etc.
• Prepare travel (flights, boarding passes, hotels, etc.) and expense reports in accordance with travel policies and specific executive travel details.
• Coordinate and manage department/functional interview scheduling, office moves, office supply management and vendor relationships.
• Represent the “office” of the head of Laboratory Operations in a professional manner.
• Partner and liaise effectively with Exec and Sr. level Administrator(s) on a routine basis in different time zones (EST) and provide back-up support to other executives (QTOps admins), demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and positive demeanor in the face of change.
• Actively participate in internal company meetings with other administrative professionals, promote new ways of working, improvements in work processes and foster an exchange of ideas and support among colleagues (this includes Procurement, local and global processes).
• Actively lead/participate in administrative project initiatives within or outside department/functional area.
• Ensure intranet is updated and accurate on a daily basis.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 6+ years of administrative support experience in a high pace, innovative, and evolving work environment
• 4+ years of working with executive-level leadership
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (email, office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Post-secondary school education (AA/BS/BA degree)
• Administrative professional accreditation and certifications in office administration
• Experience with Concur, Visio, Acrobat and WebEx, Telepresence and Zoom
• Experience supporting an executive and department/functional team in the life sciences/biotechnology industry
• Demonstrated understanding of different time zones and shifting priorities as needed - at times will need to have flexibility in work schedule to meet needs of both east and west coast time zones
• Ability to problem solve
• Strong verbal, phone, and email skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.