The Intern, Facilities Engineer assists with multiple projects and daily activities to support the Facilities team, which include using a computerized maintenance management system, equipment inventory, project management and project support.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
This role is remote, but the team is based in Morrisville, NC.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Attend small construction project meetings.
• Assist with asset management in Maximo (CMMS).
• Assist in the planning and execution of personnel and lab equipment moves and changes.
• Assist in managing project schedules.
• Walk sites for equipment inventory (assuming on-site presence).
• Look up asset and equipment master files.
• File calibration preventative maintenance records as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Rising junior or senior pursing a degree in Business, Engineering and other related fields of study that would closely align to project management
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products
• Interest in identifying and proactively solving problems
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a very structured and scheduled environment
• Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional, internal and external team
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.