About the Job
The Intern, Finance and Accounting role works with many areas of the broader Corporate Management Team, dependent upon the relevant needs of the team throughout the summer. This includes general ledger accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial planning and analysis, payroll, and equity administration. The Finance & Accounting Intern will have exposure to the details and high volume of work involved in operating the finances of a growing company that maintains an efficient and tight close schedule. The intern will also gain knowledge of various accounting software systems used to process daily transactions.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Cambridge, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Support the Accounting Team with month-end close processes such as fixed assets, accruals, prepaids, cash, expense tracking, and account reconciliations.
• Assist with Accounts Payable functions as needed.
• Assist with Accounts Receivable functions, which may include customer invoice preparation and customer payment follow up.
• Participate in projects and perform duties within the Corporate Management function as assigned.
• Support financial planning and analysis functions related to budgeting/forecasting.
• Support Cost Accounting team with close processes or projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Rising junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and Excel
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong listening and communication skills and effective collaboration skills
• High attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.