About the Job
The General Supervisor, Training focuses on training initiatives of Lab Operations. This position is responsible for understanding Lab Operations training needs and working across multiple departments to meet end goals. This includes, but is not limited to, developing and facilitating training, working in a Learning Management System, and standardizing processes across the lab.
• Develop employees through positive motivation and training.
• Support training projects and initiatives across laboratory departments.
• Assess the effectiveness of training programs and recommend changes or enhancements through continuous improvement initiatives.
• Design, administer and deliver training programs.
• Create learning and development paths.
• Be responsible for training records/logs and standardization of training procedures and associated documents.
• Support onboarding process for new hires.
• Support the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) for laboratory operations.
• As needed, train or observe personnel in laboratory functions/tasks.
• Maintain availability to work flexible hours as needed including some weekends, holidays and nights.
• Travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological, Chemical, Life or Physical Science
• 6+ years of experience in a regulated laboratory environment (CAP/CLIA/21 CFR 820 Compliant), with at least 3 years of training experience
• Certification in training programs
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and practical knowledge and application of basic Learning Management System platform
• Experience in delivering training through electronic administration, visual, writing and on the job in-person training
• Experience performing work that requires decision making and the consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Excellent oral and written interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframe
• Ability to manage group dynamics and behaviors in a learning environment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Willingness to bring creative problem-solving skills to challenges along the way
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.