About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient’s treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease. As a molecular information company, we are focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you’ll work with everyone fighting the disease patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine’s role to ensure we’re delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere. Foundation Medicine is headquartered in the heart of Cambridge, MA. Since October 2017, Foundation Medicine GmbH in Penzberg has been actively supporting this mission.
Foundation Medicine is seeking to add an In-house Legal Counsel to its rapidly growing team in Penzberg, Germany.
About the Job
Advising our business functions as data privacy and labor law counsel in Germany, you provide guidance to the departments of the company and interact with stakeholders across the company. You exchange with the chief compliance officer and general legal counsel to develop, implement, maintain, and improve our data privacy management system and adopt it to new trends and requirements from our business. You support and coordinate the roll-out of new policies, processes and guidelines. In day-to-day business, you advise on labor law issues.
· Provide advice and guidance related to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
· Liaise with Roche on privacy matters, including consents, and labor law matters.
· Draft policies compliant to GDPR and local labor law.
· Generate patient consents and other related documents required to process patient data.
· Perform risk assessments for any design change.
· Advise on data privacy incident management and associated requirements.
· Generate and maintain documentation to ensure that all data protection advice is appropriately captured.
· Partner closely with employment counsel and HR on data protection matters as they pertain to the workforce.
· Play a lead role in building a culture of privacy awareness and assist in the provision of data protection training.
· Provide day-to-day advice to leadership on labor activities, manager capabilities and innovative and preventative practices.
· Drive the implementation of efficiencies in processes.
· Graduate degree in law
· High level of knowledge in European GDPR and data privacy management systems
· High level of knowledge in German labor law
· Fluent in German and English
· At least 3 years of job experience in data privacy and labor law, preferably in a global enterprise, law firm, or an international working environment
· Business oriented in interactions with senior management and other stakeholders
· Some contracting experience preferred
· Life Science or Healthcare industry knowledge preferred
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicines European subsidiary is located within the Roche Campus in Penzberg, Germany, just a couple of miles south of Munich. Roche Penzberg is one of Europe’s largest biotechnology centers, employing around 6,200 people from over 50 nations.
In addition to laboratory operations, the site functions as hub for internal collaborations and partnerships. The central location in Europe and within the Penzberg campus allow for a strong synergy between Foundation Medicine, various national and international partners and Roche.
The Foundation Medicine team in Penzberg consists of several groups, such as Laboratory Operations, Client Services & Accessioning, Computational Biology, Quality Assurance, Automation Engineering, Project management, Finance and IT. Many of the Roche amenities on campus can also be used by Foundation Medicine employees, such as the gym, canteen, and bus services.
Learn more about our German location from our Project Manager, Barbara.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!