At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About the Job
The Intern, Cloud Engineer (Graduate) assists in implementing and supporting cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS). The incumbent focuses on designing the cloud capability and in developing an orchestration platform for automated provisioning, management and scalability of hosts, containers, applications and cloud services.
• Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) and webhooks for multi-directional integration of cloud orchestration platform with system management systems, DevOps tools and cloud platforms.
• Ensure cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance controls.
• Design and plan enterprise-scale cloud environments, primarily:
• Design, implement and secure cloud IaaS, PaaS and higher services in AWS.
• Develop and maintain up-to-date architectural templates, build and operate documents of the technical environment.
• Partner collaboratively with other technology teams to develop service catalogues.
• Enhance the capability, security and experience of the enterprise AWS cloud experience.
• Manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately.
• Participate with scrum teams.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Enrolled in a university program pursuing a Master’s Degree or a PhD in a Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent field
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a science discipline
• 1+ year of academic or professional experience
• Proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment
• Knowledge of cloud provisioning and administration, cloud bursting, cloud interoperability, cloud disaster recovery, and business continuity strategies, as well as performance measurement and monitoring in the cloud
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Critical thinker with strong research and analytics skills
• Understanding of CCPA, HITRUST, HIPAA, other regulations pertinent to data security, and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values of Patients, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
"My time as an intern helped shape my career decisions. Seeing the important work done at Foundation Medicine helped me realize that this was the right path for me. After I graduated college in May of 2020, I was offered a full-time position as a Molecular Technician, before being promoted to a Molecular Technologist I. In my current role, I process patient samples by performing DNA digestion, extraction, library construction, and quality control assays."
- Stephanie, Molecular Technologist, Former Laboratory Operations Intern
Learn more about making the most of your internship here.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.