At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About the Job
The Intern, IT Governance supports the IT Governance Team in various activities including planning, coordinating, drafting, circulating project reports, and other general project service duties. The IT Governance team provides leadership and establishes procedures and processes to ensure IT strategy is aligned with corporate strategy; this is done by identifying data and insights to oversee the use of information, related technology, and resources to create value and manage risks.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Coordinate planning initiatives, including (but not limited to) setting up meetings, distributing and archiving documents, and organizing program and project information.
• Document meeting discussions and decisions into meeting minutes.
• Distribute, file and archive meeting minutes.
• Create and draft documents including presentations, memos, and spreadsheets.
• Develop and maintain project schedules with stakeholders
• Prioritize and manage multiple deliverables and special projects.
• Manage short term duration projects as assigned.
• Provide general assistance to the program and project team(s) as needed.
• Schedule meetings for program and project plan activities.
• Organize program and project information.
• Compile and publish weekly project status reports for leadership and project sponsors, project teams and other key project stakeholders.
• Maintain point-of-contact availability for meetings on department projects and programs, and present to stakeholders on project status.
• Collaborate and problem solve cross-functionally.
• Other duties assigned.
• Rising senior at an accredited college of university pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a Management Information Systems or other Technology major
• Experience with and working knowledge of office support software, including the full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
• Experience with Smartsheet, Confluence, Slack
• Experience using project management tools
• Demonstrated ability to function independently with deadline and resource constraints
• Demonstrated success in projects involving detail, multiple tasks, and short-notice deadlines with daily reprioritization of work
• Ability to juggle competing priorities
• Capability of working independently under fast-paced and changing conditions
• Strong foundational project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
"My time as an intern helped shape my career decisions. Seeing the important work done at Foundation Medicine helped me realize that this was the right path for me. After I graduated college in May of 2020, I was offered a full-time position as a Molecular Technician, before being promoted to a Molecular Technologist I. In my current role, I process patient samples by performing DNA digestion, extraction, library construction, and quality control assays."
- Stephanie, Molecular Technologist, Former Laboratory Operations Intern
Learn more about making the most of your internship here.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.