At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About the Job
The Intern, Payer Team (Graduate) supports the payer team with payer data and analytics needs. The position conducts analyses of health plan claims and/or health plan medical policy to assist with building tools and running analytics that can identify trends and areas of opportunity to capture revenue consistent with company and payer team goals. The position also conducts data integration efforts for the company’s customer relationship management (CRM) platform, SalesForce.com.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This role can be fully remote. If The Intern, Payer Team (Graduate) lives within commuting distance of Cambridge, MA, they may choose to avail of onsite office space in accordance with Foundation Medicine policies.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Work across Foundation Medicine Payer Departments, including but not limited to the Payer Account Team, Health Outcome and Payer Policy (HOPPs) Team, and Payer Market Access (PMA) Team to assist in the following:
• Provide input on thresholds that would necessitate payer team intervention with health plan claim and / or coverage challenges.
• Perform data integration activities related to payer team’s use of SalesForce.com CRM.
• Provide other payer data analytics as needed to progress payer team goals.
• Develop key data analytic tools that will assist payer team in achieving goals and will support CRM adoption efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Enrolled in a Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, Public Health or related area of study
• Demonstrated experience leveraging data to provide business insights
• Experience working in the health care sector analyzing health plan claims or medical policy
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 PowerBI
• Experience with SalesForce.com or other customer relationship management platform
• Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
"My time as an intern helped shape my career decisions. Seeing the important work done at Foundation Medicine helped me realize that this was the right path for me. After I graduated college in May of 2020, I was offered a full-time position as a Molecular Technician, before being promoted to a Molecular Technologist I. In my current role, I process patient samples by performing DNA digestion, extraction, library construction, and quality control assays."
- Stephanie, Molecular Technologist, Former Laboratory Operations Intern
Learn more about making the most of your internship here.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.