At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About the Job
The Intern, Software Engineer Test (Undergraduate) works with the Enterprise Quality Engineering Team to build and support Test Automation Architecture (TAA) and System of System (SOS) tests, by working on one or more quality engineering projects contributing to the overall success of the TAA and SOS teams. The Internship provides exposure to quality engineering best practices including development techniques, agile methodology, debugging, testing, system integration testing code reviews, and generating technical documentation.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Participate in projects as assigned to enhance Test Automation Architecture and System of Systems Testing.
• Write and test high quality software.
• Deliver contributions in an Agile approach, leveraging Agile methodology.
• Other software engineering duties as assigned.
• Rising junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
• Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or similar
• Experience with Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
• Hands-on experience in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud provider
• History of effective team collaboration and demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Functional Programming (FP)
• Proficiency with SQL
• Knowledge of containerization/containerized development of software: Docker, Kubernetes, and others
• Ability to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to successfully meet scheduling and quality requirements
• Detail oriented with excellent prioritization and organizational skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.