At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About the Job
The Intern, RWE Thought Leadership Strategy & Research supports the Data & Insights Delivery (DataID) team within Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS). The incumbent works to develop a strategy for how Foundation Medicine can leverage its subject matter expertise in genomics data to establish its thought leadership in the field of real world evidence.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
• Contribute to the development of a content marketing strategy for Foundation Medicine’s Real World Data Products, including the Clinico-Genomic Database, that leverages FMI’s talent and passion to consistently answer the big questions target life sciences personas are asking.
• Partner with DataID as well as Data Strategic Marketing leadership to identify key goals and develop project plan(s).
• Interview and partner with internal subject matter experts across Cancer Genomics Research, Clinical Development, Decisions Sciences, Regulatory and other areas to inform the development of a directional ~18mo content marketing roadmap.
• Author or Co-author one or more formal (e.g., peer-reviewed) or informal (e.g. blog post) content marketing pieces aligned to the proposed content marketing roadmap.
• Leverage desk research including published literature review skills to paint a holistic picture of the problem space (e.g., a particular use case, such as Biomarker Discovery & Validation) that target life science personas are operating in.
• Leverage an understanding of FMI’s unique point of view, as well as an understanding of the competitive positioning of FMI’s Real World Data Products, to define the appropriate role for such products relative to alternatives.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Currently pursuing an MBA, MPH, PHD, or other graduate program relevant to clinical evidence generation (e.g., Epidemiology, Biostatistics) from an accredited institution
• 2+ years of prior work experience in an analytical, problem-solving function
• Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, or in an equivalent scientific field
• 2+ years of prior life science or biopharmaceutical industry experience either in an operating role or an indirect role (e.g. consulting)
• Experience conducting and publishing a literature review in a peer-reviewed publication
• Experience in the critical appraisal of clinical study designs and methods
• Experience in generating clinical evidence, either from traditional prospective clinical trial methods or by leveraging real world data (e.g., administrative claims, EMR, etc.)
• Demonstrated self-sufficiency, creative problem solving, organization and attention to detail
• Strong familiarity with healthcare language and terminology
• Ability to:
• Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds)
• Business acumen and comfort dealing with ambiguity
• Strong interest in product management, including product strategy, product marketing, and/or agile software development
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.