At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About the Job
The Intern, Translational Oncology and Clinical Reporting will be integrated into a team of scientists, scientific copy editors, and medical reporting curators to carry out scientific and operational tasks in support of Foundation Medicine’s medical reporting process.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Collaborate with FMI scientists to develop, review and refine existing medical content.
• Contributes to team operational goals through duties that support case tracking and reporting.
• Follows established procedures to enter, annotate, and maintain data in databases.
• Proofread clinical report content for spelling, grammar, style, and overall quality, if applicable.
• Additional scientific, writing, organizational, operational tasks, and other projects as needed.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or closely related field
• Currently pursuing a graduate Degree in a biological or life science
• Experience in a biological research setting
• Coursework in genetics, molecular biology, cell biology and/or related topics
• Work experience in an office setting or scientific setting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational, administrative, and analytical skills
• Creativity and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to:
• A desire to learn and develop
• Familiarity with Power BI
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite's Word, PowerPoint and Excel programs
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
"My time as an intern helped shape my career decisions. Seeing the important work done at Foundation Medicine helped me realize that this was the right path for me. After I graduated college in May of 2020, I was offered a full-time position as a Molecular Technician, before being promoted to a Molecular Technologist I. In my current role, I process patient samples by performing DNA digestion, extraction, library construction, and quality control assays."
- Stephanie, Molecular Technologist, Former Laboratory Operations Intern
Learn more about making the most of your internship here.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.