At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns and co-ops who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Learn more about our 2022 program here.
About the Job
The Intern, US Marketing, is a tactical and strategic support marketing role within the US Marketing Team. This Intern supports the marketing department in the execution of advertising and promotional efforts of both patient and health care professional marketing strategies for FMI’s product portfolio. The Intern collaborates with key internal stakeholders across multiple departments within FMI to help support marketing campaigns, initiatives, and events.
Areas of exploration include: marketing campaign development, promotional materials creation, events and conferences, competitive strategy, digital and social media marketing.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Support marketing campaign efforts to drive success of patient marketing strategy.
• Utilize customer data and market research to understand patient needs and identify growth opportunities.
• Research and report competitor capabilities and initiatives.
• Support development of the promotional materials and messaging and execution of integrated marketing campaigns.
• Support execution and material delivery of marketing events and conferences.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Rising senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, or in an equivalent business field
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Project management experience proficiency
• Demonstrated self-sufficiency, creative problem solving, and ability to execute in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
• Familiarity with marketing, healthcare marketing, healthcare language and terminology
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, strong communication and organizational skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including collaboration skills and communication skills for a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds)
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values of Passion, Collaboration, Patients and Innovation
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
At Foundation Medicine we look for the best and brightest interns who share our hunger for transforming cancer care. Not only will each intern have the opportunity to learn and grow, but we will also learn from our interns as we pursue our passion together. We offer opportunities in departments across the company including: Lab Operations, Cancer Genomics, Data Strategy & Product Development, Technology, and Business Support Services.
"My time as an intern helped shape my career decisions. Seeing the important work done at Foundation Medicine helped me realize that this was the right path for me. After I graduated college in May of 2020, I was offered a full-time position as a Molecular Technician, before being promoted to a Molecular Technologist I. In my current role, I process patient samples by performing DNA digestion, extraction, library construction, and quality control assays."
- Stephanie, Molecular Technologist, Former Laboratory Operations Intern
Learn more about making the most of your internship here.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.