About the Job
The Inventory Manager is responsible for managing the planning and execution of daily incoming workflow of reagents and consumables inventory, in alignment with short-term and long-term production schedules. The role encompasses all regulated and non-regulated supplies, overseeing the QSR Kit manufacturing process and inbound logistics.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from QA on the qualifications for this role pertaining to regulatory guidelines.
• Execute the material management strategy to support the company’s business and financial objectives.
• Demonstrate the ability to consistently deliver products and services to meet customer requirements.
• Monitor inventory levels to avoid excess inventory, inventory shortages, and inventory expiration.
• Coordinate daily procurement activities together with Supply Chain Specialists and Buyer/Planners across multiple FMI sites.
• Work with Procurement Team to ensure delivery schedules enable continuity of supply.
• Ensure supplier back orders are resolved in a timely manner without stock outs.
• Work with the Supply Chain team to develop material storage and delivery processes to support Lab Operations; manage 3rd party warehouse locations and costs.
• Work with Quality Control and Quality Assurance to ensure the timely release of materials.
• Work with Development Operations and Lab Operations teams to maintain Bill of Materials for each assay; monitor monthly variances and report out to management.
• Work with R&D, Development Operations, and Lab Operations to ensure that material changes and process improvements are well executed with minimal scrap costs.
• Work with Procurement and Finance on RMA process for returns to vendors.
• Establish and maintain VMI programs to support global operations.
• Manage key performance indicators for inventory management and supplier on-time delivery; lead process improvement initiatives to improve process quality on a continual basis based on lean manufacturing concepts.
• Ensure team compliance to SOP’s, and compliance to FDA, GMP, and ISO regulatory requirements; adhere to environmental, health, and safety protocols.
• Maintain availability to work outside of a regularly scheduled shift.
• Travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain & Inventory Management
• 7-10 years of Supply Chain Management experience in a pharmaceutical, life science, or GMP regulated industry
• Well-rounded knowledge and experience in all aspects of Supply Chain Management, including warehouse best practices, shipping & receiving, logistics, production control, and inventory management
• Experience leading ERP and/or MRP system implementation and demonstrated understanding of data elements and planning relationships within systems
• Experience with SAP
• Strong proficiency in MS Office products
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skillset and detail-oriented work ethic
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.