Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The IT Business Partner (ITBP) has the overall responsibility to serve as the strategic interface with assigned business units or functional area for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management, and relationship management. The ITBP serves as the business relationship link between business units and IT at the executive level. The ITBP provides highly valued strategic consulting level support and guidance through key IT initiatives. They communicate decisions, priorities, and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, projects, and initiatives. They proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. They partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance).
• Develop, implement, and ongoingly govern solution roadmaps and ensure successful introductions across the organization and with customers.
• Collaborate with management to develop annual budgets for respective business areas.
• Develop solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
• Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
• Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the information technology department, and outside vendors.
• Collaborate with FMI Procurement Team in vendor relationship management, including: RFP process for new solutions, managing renewals and licenses, and facilitating QBR meetings.
• Possess a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
• Create shared vision of their respective solutions and facilitate decision making and arbitration relating to trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms.
• Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product phase-in-phase-out plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
• Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
• Oversee the launch of solutions and have overall accountability to maximize the positive impact on the organization.
• Work with technical team to define the optimal support model for new solutions.
• Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet (internal and external) customer needs.
• Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans.
• Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business economics and financial resources.
• Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them, and in the media best suited to their requirements.
• Collaborate with architecture and operations teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
• Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company.
• Own the contracting process.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field; OR equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of experience in IT and business / industry, with 3+ years of leadership experience and 3+ years of experience developing and executing strategic plans and/or project portfolios; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Master’s Degree in computer science, business administration, or related field
• Experience working in a life sciences organization
• Knowledge of lab operations and expertise in lab systems: LIS, such as: CoPath, PowerPath, Atoma, and LIMS, such as: Illumina Clarity, Sunquest, Labvantage, Nautilus LIMS, Labware
• Knowledge of facilities management and expertise in facilities management systems, such as: ServiceNow Nuolo, CAD or BIM, and other cloud based Facilities management platforms
• General knowledge of Business Intelligence (ex. PowerBI or Tableau)
• Prior experience with Agile software development in a technical business environment
• Ability to oversee organizational change management for new solutions / implementations
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to collaborate within cross-functional teams and build relationships across functional areas
• Knowledge of human resources, legal, corporate compliance, corporate communications and quality business functions
• Understanding of requirements for software development in an FDA regulated environment
• Knowledge of Oracle HCM, Cornerstone, Master Control, Conga CMS systems
• Strong analytical, technical and organizational skills
• Strong listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!